Will Fifa 2008 be a "Games for Windows" game? Would be nice if EA wasnt lazy and actually put instructions for the Xbox360 controller for PC in their manual. Mainly, this is what the manual for Fifa 2007 looked like and said:
Cover with dude and football and game title.
First page, if your a nut job the lights and movement might make you spaz out.
Second page, "we took your money, hows your @ss feel now?"
Last page, people we would like to thank.
Ps Page, oh if you wanted to use a controller, get a console you loser.
Thanks EA. Your so kind and you work so hard.
what are you... :) trying to tell us here actually? :confused:
I think it is obvious that he is hoping that FIFA 08, isnt an obvious console port, like we often see in PC games...I think EA are generally fairly good for this. Their games ARE obviously made for consoles first, BUT theyre much better at making it a PC game, not a console game on the PC, then Konami ;)
"Games for Windows" is a title given to PC games by Microsoft before release, if they meet some quality standards.
Games which wish to be included in the Games for Windows platform must meet certain requirements regulated by Microsoft. These include, but are not limited to:
- An "Easy Install" option that installs the title on your PC in the fewest possible steps and mouse clicks
- Compatibility with the Windows Vista Games Explorer (see below)
- Compatibility with the Xbox 360 controller (where applicable)
- Installs and runs properly on x64 versions of Windows Vista and is compatible with 64-bit processors (though the game itself can be 32-bit)
- Supports normal and widescreen resolutions, such as 4:3 aspect ratio (800 x 600, 1024 x 768), 16:9 aspect ratio (1280 x 720), and 16:10 aspect ratio (1152 x 720, 1280 x 800)
- Launching from Media Center (Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate have Media Center)
While not a required feature at this time, some Games For Windows certified games are playable during the game's installation, making PC games more convenient and more similar to console games, in that players aren't required to wait until the game's installation is complete before they can play the game. This feature is known as Tray and Play, and is available in Halo 2 for Vista.
What I am hoping is that it is "Games for Windows" because that means it has to meet certain expectations. Plus, it has to have full support of the Xbox 360 controller. Also, I was hoping EA would finally include a manual which links actions to specific controller buttons rather than the f$3king keyboard. Its rather annoying to read the manual explaining how to use the keyboard play when Fifa is clearly made for a controller.
i'm in 1680x1050 pixels
will it look ok, or like fifa 07?
what does that mean?
here in britain, the word "spaz" is a very very taboo word.