I have bought a lot of players over the last 2 seasons playing as Watford.
But I can't figure out how to sell players I already have.
I see the "Interest from other clubs" thing, but I can't sell them from there.
look at the players that have drawn interest from other clubs...then go to their profile/bio (its been forever since i played so i dont remember what its called) page and sell them. ;)
also if you want to sell someone, in thier bio when your transfering choose to add to transfer list.
did u figure out how its done ? im still stuck about this
Unfortunately the interface in career mode completely sucks and it is a hassle to get anything done. I've figured out a few things on my own since the manual is also useless in explaining anything about career mode.
to sell a player:
1. another team must be interested in acquiring one of your players. use the "Team News" menu to see which clubs are interested in any of your players.
2. If a club is interested in one of your players, you can sell that player to the interested club. You cannot sell players if they don't show up on the "Team News" list.
3. To sell a player to the interested club, go to the "Transfer Market" menu. Select your team from all the leagues and teams listed. Note, if your team has advanced to a higher league, they will still be listed under their original league rather than their current one.
4. After finding your team, select the player that you want to sell to the other "interested club". Select "View Profile" for that player and you will be presented with transfer market options for this particular player.
5. This is where you can list players for sale, negotiate with interested clubs and release players from your squad. By default, the option to "Negotiate with club x " will be the first option if another club wants to purchase this player. After selecting "Negotiate...", a window will appear showing you the interested club's offer for your player. you can either accept or reject the offer. If you reject, you keep the player. If you accept, they get your player and you get the money they offered.
Bear in mind, interest in your players will change each week. however, you can only buy and sell players during the transfer periods. One is at the beginning of the season and the other is during January. Each period lasts one month.
Hope this explains it.
I agree with what your saying and i understand how it works.
One thing that annoys me though, is that as soon as i transfer list a player, no clubs become interested in him as they were before, making it impossible to sell him.
Is the interest for Players totally random or is there any way I can raise the level of interest for my players ?
If a player has better stats.. will that raise it's chances of interest from other clubs ?
Also, does it really make any difference if I add a player to the 'Sell' list ??