Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 2.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2004, 04:42:AM   #421
santino
Fan Favourite

santino will become famous soon enough
here's the story about mexes...we are getting him, we just gotta wait for his ban to be done

FIFA allow Mexes Roma move

-------------------------

ZURICH, Sept 2 (Reuters) - French defender Philippe Mexes has been given permission to join AS Roma from Auxerre but must serve a six-week suspension at the start of the Italian season for breach of contract, FIFA said on Thursday.

Although Mexes, 22, moved to Roma before his contract with Auxerre had expired, world soccer's governing body ratified the move. The French club will now be entitled to compensation.

FIFA decided Mexes breached his contract and his six-week ban begins on September 12, the first day of the Serie A season.

In a statement, FIFA said it has issued the player with a transfer certificate that allows him to resume playing for Roma when the suspension ends.

The compensation figure will be decided by the Dispute Resolution Chamber in a separate hearing, FIFA said.

FIFA also announced that it would launch an investigation into Mexes's agent Olivier Jouanneaux for the role he played in the transfer.

Central defender Mexes has won six caps for France but was not part of his country's Euro 2004 squad.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlin...309090&cc=5901

santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:36:AM   #422
modena_10
Senior Squad

modena_10 will become famous soon enough
funny enough i think carew would have been extremely good with the 4-2-3-1 that prandelli wanted to use. i think he would havve excelled but of course thats not gonna happen, we gotta hope for mido

the mexes saga im extremely disappointed with, 6 weeks is bull****, especially with chivu out, this gives dellas a chance to really step it up, but makes us thin in the back

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO
modena_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 03:48:AM   #423
santino
Fan Favourite

Voeller Off To A Winning Start
9/4/2004 7:29:00 PM
Rudi Voeller won his first match in charge of Roma after the Giallorossi defeated Serie C side Lodigiani.
"Being at Roma is always an emotional occasion, but we need to work hard now," he said. "This match was a warm-up as we work towards full fitness."

Vincent Candela, Amantino Mancini and Vincenzo Montella (pen) scored the goals.

Mido missed a good chance in his first match for the club..

Old 05-09-2004, 08:18:AM   #424
modena_10
Senior Squad

modena_10 will become famous soon enough
good for rudi, i think we will have a great year under him, i read that mido had a terrible game though, missed that chance you mentioned, made some mistakes but take into account he hasnt trained with the team for very long, it will take some time to adjust, i still have high hopes and believe he will come through this year

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO
modena_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 05:24:PM   #425
akeel
Youth Team

akeel is on a distinguished road
Cassano contract concerns Roma Sunday 5 September, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antonio Cassano’s profile rose sharply after Euro 2004, but next summer could see a bidding war break out for the talented youngster.

Roma paid a remarkable £20m for the 18-year-old Bari starlet in 2001, but they could lose him for far less as his contract expires in June 2006.

If a new deal is not signed, sealed a delivered over the next few months, the club would have no choice but to part company with the player at the end of this season.

It’s reported that Milan and Real Madrid are already prepared to make a bid for Cassano, who is still only 22 years of age, next summer.

Now that the Giallorossi have solved some of their financial woes and snapped up new Coach Rudi Voller at short notice to replace Cesare Prandelli, they can turn their attention towards ending this uncertainty.

It is reported that President Franco Sensi has already set up a meeting with agent Bozzo to work through a new contract that will tie Cassano to Roma until 2011.

Meanwhile, Francesco Totti has earned high praise indeed from German legend Franz Beckenbauer.

“There are many star players in Italy,” commented the former player, “but the only one I would bring to Bayern Munich would be Totti. I know him well and he deserves to win the Balon d’Or.”

Beckenbauer has another reason to watch Roma this season. “Voller is an excellent choice, as he was a great player and remains a wonderful man and Coach.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think cassano will stay at roma and eventually, he will sign a new contract.
it's good to see that roma have eased their financial worries.

akeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 06:30:PM   #426
jani
Fan Favourite

jani will become famous soon enough
yeh, its Milan's turn to raid AS Roma

I've got a devil in me

NEW! This Is How I Will Raise My Child
jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:36:AM   #427
santino
Fan Favourite

United Following De Rossi
9/6/2004 8:06:00 PM
Daniele De Rossi came into the international limelight thanks to a great goal scored against Norway last Saturday during the World Cup Qualifier match.
The young Roma midfielder has in fact caught the eyes of many scouts and in particular of the Manchester United ones who have decided to follow closely this Italian talent.

De Rossi's contract expires in 2006 and he has repeatedly stated that he wants to extend his stay with the giallorossi, however with Roma's current poor financial situation, if the Red Devils decide to make a move for this player, the midfielder might think twice before signing a contract extension with Voeller's side.

Apparently, Manchester United's interest is very much real as Sir alex Ferguson himself has expressed his wish in bringing De Rossi to Old Trafford as he sees him as the ideal successor to Roy Keane.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?...=20390&progr=3

---------------------

ok im not liking this......im hearing roma are sorting out their financial problems, yet totti, cassano, and de rossi now are being rumoured to move away from rome? this better not happen

Old 07-09-2004, 02:41:AM   #428
SB9Dragon
Fan Favourite

SB9Dragon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to SB9Dragon
Hopefully Cassano can't agree to a new contract deal with Roma and Inter jumps onto signing him full force.

Just imagine Adriano and Cassano leading off the Inter attack

Join the Windows i'm Initiative. By DL'ing and using the latest Windows Live Messenger through www.imforacause.com (choose Boston University). Microsoft will donate cash to one of the cause organizations in my sig.

Then add me "Simply1RB@hotmail.com" to your contact list, IM me your name and email address to enter our XBox 360 Giveaway.
SB9Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:42:AM   #429
dannyeli
Fan Favourite

dannyeli is on a distinguished road
Milan is already been linked with him

Old 07-09-2004, 02:51:AM   #430
Mikey

Quote:
Originally posted by SB9Dragon
Hopefully Cassano can't agree to a new contract deal with Roma and Inter jumps onto signing him full force.

Just imagine Adriano and Cassano leading off the Inter attack
Judging by your past posts, if you ran Inter, theyd have 25 forwards.

Old 07-09-2004, 02:53:AM   #431
Voltaic Borusse
Fan Favourite

Voltaic Borusse has a spectacular aura aboutVoltaic Borusse has a spectacular aura aboutVoltaic Borusse has a spectacular aura about
What number was Mido appointed?

Aston Villa's new striker Marlon Harewood became annoyed when a local newspaper reporter asked him why he would have wanted to be a painter if he had not been a footballer. When told the information was on his website, Harewood muttered: "I'll kill my brother". (Sunday Mirror)

Voltaic Borusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:55:AM   #432
Mikey

on romas site is says #99, which is a ballsy move by Mido, considering the great Vitor Baia has that number already.

Old 07-09-2004, 02:56:AM   #433
Voltaic Borusse
Fan Favourite

Voltaic Borusse has a spectacular aura aboutVoltaic Borusse has a spectacular aura aboutVoltaic Borusse has a spectacular aura about
It says that on UEFA.com, too. That can't be real, though.

Aston Villa's new striker Marlon Harewood became annoyed when a local newspaper reporter asked him why he would have wanted to be a painter if he had not been a footballer. When told the information was on his website, Harewood muttered: "I'll kill my brother". (Sunday Mirror)

Old 07-09-2004, 02:58:AM   #434
Mikey

Why not? 9 is already taken

Old 07-09-2004, 03:05:AM   #435
Voltaic Borusse
Fan Favourite

Managers are generally strict about issuing players' high numbers.