Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums > Management Games > Football Manager Forum > Older Football Manager Titles Forum > SG United and FM Challenges Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2006, 11:46:PM   #496
Daz
Everyone's Favourite Diabetic

Daz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to behold
Haven't played my SGU game in a while... but it was worth coming back

i'm still in my first season, this was in carling cup quarter finals:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sgu - beat arse 2-0.JPG (83.7 KB, 160 views)
Old 19-03-2006, 05:52:PM   #497
Daz
Everyone's Favourite Diabetic

Daz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to beholdDaz is a splendid one to behold
went on to get to the final of the Carling Cup, beating Arse and Chelsea along the way. Still all in first season. Final was disappointing though...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sgu - ccfinal.JPG (23.3 KB, 159 views)
Old 19-03-2006, 06:22:PM   #498
nor-rbk
Club President

nor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of light
Even though it was against Chippenham, this was awesome. By biggest win ever on FM!

-- Thanks to SteauA for the sig, I'll never change it.--
nor-rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:38:AM   #499
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele
Got bored of Celtic so I picked up the SG game again with 3 games left in my first season (2 meaningless league games -- i won the league in March, and United in the Cup final).

I managed to beat them Tom scored twice, first one was quick thinking by Arash to feed him a quick pass, and the second was a cross I headed hard and it was too hot for van der sar, Tom got the tap in. Europe here we come!

Saved it if anyone wants to see it.

genius
Best Poster of the Year 2008
Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
Best Greenlandic Member 2005
ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:54:PM   #500
fender
Fan Favourite

fender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to behold
SG Utd doing well in the UEFA Cup, made it to the knockout stages.

There's so many postponed games due to cup ties and international callups i haven't played a league match in more than a month.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:15:PM   #501
nor-rbk
Club President

nor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of lightnor-rbk is a glorious beacon of light
What tactic do you use fender?

Just curious.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:57:PM   #502
fender
Fan Favourite

fender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to behold
I usually play a 4-4-2 with attacking mentality with arrows up for both wingbacks and wide midfielders, an arrow to the middle for the centre attacking mid, with an arrow down the middle with the DM.

For that match against Sporting played a 4-1-3-1-1, with normal mentality and focus passing down the wings, usually do that for matches against the big teams and away matches against strong opposition.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:25:PM   #503
nor-rbk
Club President

Okay, I use a 4-4-2 too, with arrows upwards for the right and left midfielders too. But I always lose against bigger teams. And I want to get into Europe to you know. Think I will try your 4-1-3-1-1 next time.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:49:AM   #504
Siawash
Senior Squad

Siawash will become famous soon enoughSiawash will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Siawash Send a message via MSN to Siawash
Quote:
Originally Posted by fender
The Under 18s going on a rampage.

Haha, I scored TWICE!

Under-18s? I should a first-teamer.
Siawash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:59:AM   #505
Siawash
Senior Squad

Siawash will become famous soon enoughSiawash will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Siawash Send a message via MSN to Siawash
Can someone give me my stats?
Siawash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 10:04:PM   #506
nor-rbk
Club President

I had two goals for the 2007/08 season: Get promoted to the Premier League and win the FA Cup. I ended up second in the Championship (3 points behind Blackburn) and got promoted. Yay! I also really wanted to win the FA Cup so I would get a place in the UEFA Cup the next season. I had a really easy way to the semi-final, but then I was up against Liverpool. LFC had knocked me out each year so far, so revenge was really wanted. It was a very tight game, 2-2 after extra time, but I got lucky in the penalty shootout and advanced to the final. In the final Aston Villa waited. Easy, 3-0. So this gave me a spot in the UEFA Cup next year. Yay! yay!

So, as usually the league winner meets the cup winner in the Charity Shield before the season starts. I was up against Arsenal. Thought I would be lucky if I got away with a 0-1 or 1-2 loss, especially since I had 3 or 4 regular starters out because of either injuries or the Olympic Games. And therefore I was a little surprised by the result:

Maybe I should have posted more pictures instead of all this writing, but… yeah, done is done. I’ll post pics if you want to see though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ars-sg1-6.jpg (111.0 KB, 175 views)

Old 18-08-2006, 02:01:PM   #507
monkeyhappy
Senior Squad

monkeyhappy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyhappy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyhappy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyhappy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to monkeyhappy Send a message via Yahoo to monkeyhappy
this is probably quite a cheeky request as the deadline was probably a year ago! but im gunna go ahead and ask!

do you reckon u could put me in the db if i do my stats
Old 18-08-2006, 02:26:PM   #508
rpvankasteren
Fan Favourite

rpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud ofrpvankasteren has much to be proud of
No, otherwise I'll be doing another ten updates before october. Uni starts on monday, you know.

Install the update, and I'll tell you what to add to the SG database by PM.
rpvankasteren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 02:28:PM   #509
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
remember to give Aiden very good stats

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2006, 02:36:PM   #510
monkeyhappy
Senior Squad

monkeyhappy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyhappy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyhappy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyhappy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to monkeyhappy Send a message via Yahoo to monkeyhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpvankasteren
No, otherwise I'll be doing another ten updates before october. Uni starts on monday, you know.

Install the update, and I'll tell you what to add to the SG database by PM.
right you are sir! inform me soon!