Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums > Management Games > Other Management Games > Older Championship Manager Titles Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 3.95 average. Display Modes
Old 13-10-2007, 01:25:AM   #1
neljan
Club Supporter

neljan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to neljan
CM93/94 - The original Championship Manager

Does anyone still play it? am I the only one alive? that would be sad...

I'd like to hear from people who still prefer the classic version!

I love it - after all these years I think it's still best. I used to have it on the Amiga, I started playing it when it came out all those years ago...

Obviously, I've had a break, but I recently got back into it again & I finally found out how to use the editor if anyone would like to know?

I always start a new game with Nigel Clough, he bags on average 70 goals a season (his record is 97!) most of which are 'magnificant' haha! get in!

neljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 01:18:PM   #2
ļאָ
Fan Favourite

ļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud of
you must be the only one.

Old 13-10-2007, 02:55:PM   #3
neljan
Club Supporter

I only posted yesterday...

Old 13-10-2007, 08:06:PM   #4
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
You legend, you absolute legend. Played on CM2 the other day for a bit, still as playable as ever!

If you can take some screenshots, but then, i'm sure you're playing it on DOS so that might be a bit hard

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 10:29:PM   #5
neljan
Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You legend, you absolute legend. Played on CM2 the other day for a bit, still as playable as ever!

If you can take some screenshots, but then, i'm sure you're playing it on DOS so that might be a bit hard
Nice one Tom!

Yeah I like the second one aswell mate, class.

I've heard that hitting the 'prtsc' button saves a screenshot in CM93, but I tried & I can't find where it saves them to.

I'm trying to hack 93/94 - update all the names/abilities to todays players/teams... watch this space.

Old 13-10-2007, 11:49:PM   #6
Johnny_Big
Starting XI

Johnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the roughJohnny_Big is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Johnny_Big
I would really like to see that.

Thanks to Kenzo for the sig and to Shinji for the pixel kit.

http://athousandeternalleaves.wordpress.com
Johnny_Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 12:03:PM   #7
Dipanjan

Those were the days............................
I was only 2 years old then.....

Old 14-10-2007, 10:58:PM   #8
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
i remember playing it and the second aswell...aaaww man i remember winning 7-0 against benfica with porto in CM2, i felt like a king over the following 2 months

Old 14-10-2007, 11:09:PM   #9
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
I'll always remember having £250m in the bank at Barcelona on CM2, we were making something silly like £10m a month as the Nou Camp could hold 120,000

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2010, 10:30:AM   #10
Niteeyez
Club Supporter

Niteeyez is on a distinguished road
I played champ 93'94 english for 26 seasons on the Amiga and right at the end a message box came up with "congratulations" partially crashed out though, the game then crashed. Did the game on the Amiga have a maximum lifespan??

Niteeyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 12:35:AM   #11
richyrandall
Club Supporter

richyrandall is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by neljan View Post
Does anyone still play it? am I the only one alive? that would be sad...

I'd like to hear from people who still prefer the classic version!

I love it - after all these years I think it's still best. I used to have it on the Amiga, I started playing it when it came out all those years ago...

Obviously, I've had a break, but I recently got back into it again & I finally found out how to use the editor if anyone would like to know?

I always start a new game with Nigel Clough, he bags on average 70 goals a season (his record is 97!) most of which are 'magnificant' haha! get in!

I kinda know no-one probably reads threads about this game any more, but if someone, somewhere could help me to use the Editor, I'd be really grateful...

I've been trying to use it through an Amiga Emulator, and been having no joy whatsoever..

Do I need to use DOS????

Help!!!! Please!!!

richyrandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 04:51:AM   #12
nady
Yellow Card :: Exp. 17/05/14 :: Slowing Azrael's PC

nady is a splendid one to beholdnady is a splendid one to beholdnady is a splendid one to beholdnady is a splendid one to beholdnady is a splendid one to beholdnady is a splendid one to beholdnady is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to nady Send a message via Skype™ to nady
CM93/94???/ Can't believe some people still play it in 2011.

Old 19-11-2011, 08:00:AM   #13
PROFIT
Club Supporter

PROFIT is on a distinguished road
hey hey
i`m still playing the cm94 italian league, but i preffer the generated players. my record is like 27seasons in a row (but now i have 2 daughters and not so much time )))))
but recently i found about the editor for it and for the english league, but i have no idea how to work with it....
can anyone help me?

PROFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 07:52:AM   #14
Sir Calumn

Quote:
Originally Posted by neljan View Post
Nice one Tom!

Yeah I like the second one aswell mate, class.

I've heard that hitting the 'prtsc' button saves a screenshot in CM93, but I tried & I can't find where it saves them to.

I'm trying to hack 93/94 - update all the names/abilities to todays players/teams... watch this space.
I think that's a great idea. I love that you still play the original, I have never even seen it. I think your first CM will always have a big place in your heart, I started much later than you, with 0102, but it's the only version I ever play now and has been for two years.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:13:AM   #15
lesov
Club Supporter

lesov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nady View Post
CM93/94???/ Can't believe some people still play it in 2011.
its pretty amazing how little difference graphics make in a game like this. I actually prefer text and let my imagination soar.

lesov is offline   Reply With Quote