I don't like how you edit posts. I get excited to see an update and then just get a halftime score and it's not even clear if it's in the Russian Cup or the CL Semis.
Sorry, I'll try and do bigger posts, rather than lots of little ones, and wait until I'm finished.
This is Russian Cup Final.
CL Semis are long over with.
Generally, just for this business end of the season, I was drip feeding some screenshots as stuff happened, and posting a new post each time. So I'd post a screen shot of half time, then of full time or whatever.
Anyway, ONE game left, this one I'll post over two posts - pregame, then half time/fulltime.
I've also signed a few random North Koreans (only for the reserves, don't think any have the potential to be real stars). But I brought in the token, and he struggled to blend in, so I brought in others to make him happy.
The stats show they've dominated possession, but we really have well and truly had the better of the chances. Lucas probably should have scored twice.
I'm going to encourage the boys, at 0-0, and dominating the goal mouth, we're a big chance here. Everyone is fully fit, and I have guys like Gitinov and Reus to call on should need be. This is when I wish I started with Kipre (and Reus instead of Dragan). Bringing on AK47 and Dragan late in these games, with their speed against tired legs, is SOOOO potent.
SVEC!! He always steps up in these big games to get handy goals.
(DAMN just realised that video is crap quality, but it was great movement by the boys, Svec got through on goal, and poked it into the bottom right)
(note: a young Aussie star of the future was their best player! )
I was actually disappointed about the treble in a way too. The Russian tournaments are quite easy at the moment, CSKA are the only real competition.
I think when I turn off Sugar Daddy for us, I might change a couple of sides (Zenit etc) from Background Sugar Daddy, to Foreground to increase their spending for a few seasons.
We only got the treble because of our Champions League run. It was SUCH an easy run really. Fiorentina were better in our group than Lyon as far as I'm concerned (in terms of how hard they were to beat), and yet Lyon were the hardest opponent we got in the knockout rounds (in the Final).
Think we have two more seasons before Sugar Daddy gets turned off? Dan wanted to go after you Az, so I'd suggest we just wait for you. You play, then Dan plays the last season?
My transfer budget was actually in the positive anyway (I sold Slama and Traore, and hardly spent money bringing anyone in). We don't need to spend in all honesty, we have such a strong, young squad, with plenty of good youngsters, and there are SOOO many good cheap (often free) young Brazilians (which is how I got Cassiano remember!!)
As so many players are now becoming Russian, we can bring in some more foreigners. I bought in Alexandre (whose attributes look AWESOME - another AK47 style striker) and that Luziano or whatever his name is, and if we develop them then that's more Brazilians carving up for us.
Whoever plays next, I urge you not to spend big on any player who isn't Russian, and isn't for the future. We don't need 25-30 year old foreigners who are only going to be the same good as what we already have, taking game time off the likes of Alexandre and Luziano.
We also don't want to lose sight of the bigger target - ie. making Russia the biggest league in Europe! Our coefficient now has us in 6th, behind the big three, Germany and France. And we're hot on the heels of France. With CSKA getting to the semi of the Champions League, and us winning it, that'll go up big time soon too!!
But I think some of our other big sides need to get on board and come along for the ride!! Especially Zenit!!
Oh, and also, we're still leaking money FAST. Our wage budget is way too high for what we're making. This is more a matter of making more money, than spending less - you need to spend to be the best.
But I don't think we should be throwing huge amounts of cash on transfers unless it's for the future. We need to invest in infrastructure (the board approved a stadium expansion just as I finished my season!! ) to make us more money!
I'm a little concerned the game engine doesn't improve league prize money as league reputation goes up. Does anyone know if it does or not?
EDIT: I just researched, apparently it does increase prize money, crowds and sponsorship. We really need to get the league rep up then, don't we!!
1) Bye bye Kipre. I don't ******* care what you say Alex, AK47 is the #1 striker and Andrey Lozbinev is the exact same kind of poacher with even more potential. You compare him to Juric, but that's a joke. Kipre isn't a good passer, isn't creative, and has poor composure. I don't mind him as a third, emergency, striker, but that's it. Lozbinev is ready and he has legendary stock.
2) The squad is unconscionably big. Several of these players need to be sold. Like 10 of them. Top of my list would be Budakov now that our Belorussian keeper is Russian.
3) Albi Gitinov isn't developing. Naturally, Alex signed him and likes the name, so he is playing him ahead of the vastly more talented Dragan Damjanovic.
4) This was a problem in my Gladbach game as well, but Reus and Lucas are players that seem to regress for some reason as the game goes on. I'd dump them both.
5) Svec, Lashankov, Cassiano, and Ganso look as vital as when I left. I'd suggest a team modeled on Spain, basically with Cassiano playing like Iniesta on the left/inside, the other mids knocking the ball around, and then having a pure winger on the right Damjanovic/Luizao, and the poacher up top.
6) Bigvava is a legit star. Wow, Lukin is only 19 years old? Anyway, we lack a world class left back still, which I think is an issue now. Someone who is as good as Bigvava. Now that most of the squad is Russian we can look foreign and I'd suggest Vladimir at Palmeiras to join our Brazilian contingent. He's shockingly good at defense and has been dropping 7.9+ average ratings in Brazil for the last 5 years.
Anyway, good squad. Needs some trimming. I'm not kidding, I will absolutely sell Kipre when I'm running the team if I get a good offer.