WE8 first impression
After just 10 matches played here is my opinion:
(I apologise if my remarks are completely wrong for a lack of number of matches played! Please correct me if I'm wrong!)
- The game feels spartan, same as in all first WE releases. It feels unfinished, unpolished.
- The movements of the players are a bit too stiff although quick, and sharp.
- Overall speed is a bit worrying, if you ask me. The game feels real only when it rains.
All above montioned creates a robotic and arcadeish feelling like never before. It reminds of a game that we all don't want to even mention around here. I hope that by the time they issue the European version these problems will dissapear, like always before.
The slowdowns in goal, freekick and corner situations is something that I cannot explain, but it ruins the idea of proper and correct game and it is very annoying.
- The stretchers are there every second game and it is very obvious that it is implemented on purpose.
- The referee is on the pitch, yes, finally, but runs around like being lost and scared.
Sometimes you steal the ball right on the center for a counter attact and the referee still runs in the opposite direction. Other times the referee is right there where you want to pass.
I don't understand why is there no linesmen!
- The pitch feels a bit bigger, and there's more space to open up on a counterattack, so you get more clear situations upfront, which brings more goals, which I dislike!
- There's definitely more advantage for the star players over the defenders and it's now far more difficult to cover and steal the ball. Not good!
- Please explain why are the players of the home side the only ones coming out of the tunel during the introduction animations!
Beside not knowing the new moves and tricks (please, someone), I have to notice few brilliant things as well.
- The animations are very good, totaly upgraded. I like all the details that they put in.
- The ball now feels totaly real. This has impressed me the most. It's totaly free!
- The passing is brilliant and it's now something that you have to learn all over to be able to master completely. You can pass exactly where you want with the power you want to use!
Beside all this, the Japanese language is something that's definitely in my way! Ho to manage through all the modes and other stuff?
We definitely have many things to look forward to in the newest PES edition but the problem is that we have to wait, to have a complete game! Please correct me if I'm wrong! This game is simply not a finished product and although I will definitely be playing and exploring it until the PES comes out, I can't give it a clear mark!
Last edited by CroPE; 24-08-2004 at 06:15:PM.