Originally Posted by DevilzOwn
I'm thinking maybe the CD/DVD reader isnt fast enough to read the cd's? as I said this is my sis's comp and if anything i think that the comp is the problem. I have 2 cd drves but i cant figure out how to make the secndary cd reader my primary one lmao.
Try Setting your CD/DVD drive to DMA mode:
To enable DMA mode using the Device Manager
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers to display the list of controllers and channels.
3. Right-click the icon for the channel to which the device is connected, select Properties, and then click the Advanced Settings tab.
4. In the Current Transfer Mode drop-down box, select DMA if Available if the current setting is "PIO Only."
If the drop-down box already shows "DMA if Available" but the current transfer mode is PIO, then the user must toggle the settings. That is:
• Change the selection from "DMA if available" to PIO only, and click OK.
• Then repeat the steps above to change the selection to DMA if Available.
5. If you can't set the transfer mode to DMA, simply "uninstall" the channel and reboot. Windows will "find" the new channel with the "New Hardware Found" process and set it to DMA.