Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 113 votes, 3.89 average. Display Modes
Old 22-04-2011, 12:57:AM   #766
Pizarro14
Starting XI

Pizarro14 will become famous soon enoughPizarro14 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Pizarro14 Send a message via MSN to Pizarro14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz View Post
Neuer, not even close.
Here are my 2 goalkeepers. I mean there isn't one thing not to love about Neuer which should I sell for Neuer.

EDIT: btw what are the key stats for a Assistant Manager? Im looking for a trustworthy associate

A big thanks to Nady. I miss you blu

Last edited by Pizarro14; 22-04-2011 at 01:02:AM.
Pizarro14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 01:09:AM   #767
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
I usually look for tactical knowledge, motivating, man management, and judging player potential. Motivating because he handles all press conferences and team talks, tactical knowledge and man management because he sets all opposition instructions and takes control of all friendlies, and judging player potential so my assistant reports on youth players are accurate.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 01:40:AM   #768
Pizarro14
Starting XI

Pizarro14 will become famous soon enoughPizarro14 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I usually look for tactical knowledge, motivating, man management, and judging player potential. Motivating because he handles all press conferences and team talks, tactical knowledge and man management because he sets all opposition instructions and takes control of all friendlies, and judging player potential so my assistant reports on youth players are accurate.
Thanks

btw so should I Sell Fabianski and Ochoa to get Neuer?

Old 22-04-2011, 02:21:AM   #769
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Whoever can get you the most money?

Old 22-04-2011, 02:37:AM   #770
azrael
Yellow Card: Supporting Chygry

azrael is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowazrael is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowazrael is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowazrael is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowazrael is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowazrael is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowazrael is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowazrael is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowazrael is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowazrael is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowazrael is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
I think he's asking whether he SHOULD, not WHO he should.

Been a long time since I've played, but I assume this is a case of 1 great keeper or 2 decent ones? My policy on keepers used to be 1 world-class and 1 back-up, but I altered it to must-have 3 competent keepers. Ideally, 1 world-class, 1 experiencied, aging back-up and 1 young, star-to-be. The plan would be for the youngster to edge out the experienced back-up for the No. 2 spot, and eventually push the starter and overtake him as starter. You then sell the (now) very old, 3rd choice keeper and buy a new youngster. Beyond them I also aways have 1 more keeper, probably reserve or u-18, who would be good enough to be 2nd choice at one of the bottom clubs (assuming you're one of the top clubs, which I will since you're considering getting Neuer).

That last part probably seems unnecessary, stupid, or easy to do, but it's none of the above and you can't afford to have a keeper any worse than that between the posts.

16-year-old keepers is probably what I scouted for the most. I remember eventually having to cash in on a bunch of 21-year-old top keepers who developped too quick for me to use.

azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 04:26:AM   #771
Pizarro14
Starting XI

I think the team is soooo gelling

Old 23-04-2011, 09:13:PM   #772
Pizarro14
Starting XI

That would shut that damn fool Van Gaal talking that nana He might have had me when I was with Schalke. But not in England baby theres the new +1 in town. As of today Im excited. Still Alive in FA cup, Champions League, and League. I dont think I EVER GOT A TREBLE in FM before (last I remember)....

Old 24-04-2011, 06:33:AM   #773
Nimreitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro14 View Post

That would shut that damn fool Van Gaal talking that nana He might have had me when I was with Schalke. But not in England baby theres the new +1 in town. As of today Im excited. Still Alive in FA cup, Champions League, and League. I dont think I EVER GOT A TREBLE in FM before (last I remember)....
Yeah, it's really hard unless you're City.

Old 24-04-2011, 12:45:PM   #774
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
Or Leeds.

Old 24-04-2011, 05:47:PM   #775
Pizarro14
Starting XI

haha...but seriously guys Dan your story is really juicy!! so I want to manage a club worth bringing all the way up. I love Arsenal but these kids are to damn good for themselves.

Old 24-04-2011, 05:50:PM   #776
Nimreitz

One team that I'll suggest is BATE in Lithuania (I think). They have amazing training and recruitment facilities, and I think some pretty decent players to start with too. Give them a little money and they could be a fun game. I was considering them.

Old 24-04-2011, 06:13:PM   #777
Pizarro14
Starting XI

Quote:
One team that I'll suggest is BATE in Lithuania (I think). They have amazing training and recruitment facilities, and I think some pretty decent players to start with too. Give them a little money and they could be a fun game. I was considering them.
GOTcha thanks. Should I go from Arsenal to them by 2014>? or start new Game ? either way its gonna happen going to Lithuania!

Old 24-04-2011, 06:43:PM   #778
Juventino
Starting XI

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
BATE are from Belarus! Juve played them in the CL a couple of years ago.

Another crazy club if FC Sheriff Tiraspol. They're from the unrecognized state of Transnistria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria) and they're owned by the company that pretty much runs that entire ''state'': Sheriff. Sheriff owns the supermarkets, gas stations, publishers, banks; EVERYTHING is controlled by Sheriff (bit of a shadow economy). The owner of this company (and sugar daddy of the FC) was in Moldova's secret service and now possesses hundreds of millions of euros. Dubious. The city is also a Valhalla for organized crime (and gun trafficking, human trafficking), and apparently the city of Tiraspol is still full of classic communist propaganda and reminders. In that broken down city lies the oasis that is FC Sheriff Tiraspol's facility:

Why settle for one stadium? They have THREE, one beings indoors... It's silly.

They play in the Moldovan league, and won it 10 times in a row now, though they have no success in Europe. It would be an interesting club to take over to say the least...

Edit - I was thinking how it'd also be cool to take over one of their local Transnistrian rivals: FC Tiraspol or Dinamo Bender.

Last edited by Juventino; 24-04-2011 at 06:53:PM.
Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 06:48:PM   #779
Pizarro14
Starting XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventino View Post
BATE are from Belarus! Juve played them in the CL a couple of years ago. Lithuania also isn't in the game (unless you download an editor file).

Another crazy club if FC Sheriff Tiraspol. They're from the unrecognized state of Transnistria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria) and they're owned by the company that runs that entire ''state'': Sheriff. Sheriff owns the supermarkets, gas stations, publishers, banks; EVERYTHING is controlled by Sheriff. Apparently the city of Tiraspol is still full of classic communist propaganda and reminders, and in that broken down city lies the oasis that is FC Sheriff Tiraspol's facility:

Why settle for one stadium? They have THREE, one beings indoors... It's ridicilous.

They play in the Moldovan league, and won it 10 times in a row now. It would be an interesting club to take over to say the least...
If this club can qualify for Europa or CL count me in! Sheriff

Old 24-04-2011, 06:56:PM   #780
Juventino
Starting XI

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
Yeah, they're eligible because they play in the Moldovan league. I think they were in the Europa League group stages this year. A Dutch team played them. (I also did some more research and edited my previous post.)

It's getting a bit off topic, but here's a traveller's account of Tiraspol... It's absurd. FM makes me curiuos and fantasize about many things, hehe.
http://merlinandrebecca.blogspot.com.../tiraspol.html

Last edited by Juventino; 24-04-2011 at 07:21:PM.
Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote