Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums > FIFA Series > Older FIFA Titles Forum > FIFA 2002 Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2002, 03:50:AM   #1
Hercules
Starting XI

Hercules is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Hercules Send a message via Yahoo to Hercules
Ronaldo Speech

I did this a while back, but I just found it so I would like to share it with you ppl and see if you lot like it or not.

I was a bit disappointed when I found out there was no mention of Ronaldo (one of the greatest players in the world at the moment) in FIFA 2002. So, I have (obviously) added him into my roster patches. However, I realised he also needed commentary. So I edited the sound waves produced by the commentator (UK version) - John Motson (Motty....) and produced a decent sound wave, which simulates him saying the word 'Ronaldo'.

It's in .wav format, and it won't take more than a minute, so please go to FIFA Data, listen to it and see if it is worth the time for me to convert it into FIFA sound format.

I have to say it's not perfect, but IMO it's better than nothing. Tell me what you think.

Hercules
Email: herc <at> fifaecp <dot> com
MSN: herculeszeus <at> hotmail <dot> com
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 04:13:AM   #2
Hakeem
Superman

Hakeem is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowHakeem is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowHakeem is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowHakeem is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowHakeem is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowHakeem is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowHakeem is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowHakeem is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowHakeem is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowHakeem is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowHakeem is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Hakeem
great

I just tryed it and its very good.
btw: great work with the site too Hercules

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
Wil Wheaton - River Phoenix - Corey Feldman - Jerry O'Connell and Kiefer Sutherland

Stand by Me

Visit my Movies Blog
Visit my DVD Collection
MoviesOnline Contributor
Hakeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 04:13:AM   #3
Haukur Gudnason
::President Scouser::

Haukur Gudnason is a glorious beacon of lightHaukur Gudnason is a glorious beacon of lightHaukur Gudnason is a glorious beacon of lightHaukur Gudnason is a glorious beacon of lightHaukur Gudnason is a glorious beacon of light
it'd be cool if we have a utility that can say what we type...to make commentaries..based on the commentators' voice pattern of coz...i used to have one like dat...it's great to make them say things juz have to adjust the spellings so it comes out phonetically correct

Old 05-09-2002, 05:47:AM   #4
andy
Starting XI

andy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hmmmm It's good!!

But I think that you have to make it a little bit longer and it will be great!!

See Ya, Andy!!

Member of Soccer Access.com and Fifa Express Argentina
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2002, 03:50:AM   #5
alex1919
Youth Team

alex1919 is on a distinguished road
About converting sound format

To Hercules:

FCDB XP 2 allows to save player's pbp commentary only to FIFA 2002 ASF-file. Did you use some programm to convert ASF file to WAV file? Or you get player speech in WAV-format with simple recording?

In the second case, I think it's very difficult to equalize volume levels of WAV-file and in-game speech. When I imported your Ronaldo1.wav into the game, it's volume level was too low.

alex1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2002, 05:00:AM   #6
Hercules
Starting XI

Hercules is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Hercules Send a message via Yahoo to Hercules
You can convert .asf to .wav using sndview created by Toni Wilen, but that usually doesn't work for FIFA, due to difference in .asf format compared to NHL.

Therefore, I usually convert .asf by simple recording. So, I play the sound and record it.

To get .wav into .asf is much easier, just use NHL ditty importer. And the volume problem is eliminated.

Hercules
Email: herc <at> fifaecp <dot> com
MSN: herculeszeus <at> hotmail <dot> com
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote