Help!! Online not working!

jonileal

Youth Team
Hi, in just got my Pes 4 and the first thing i make is try to play online i let the default port in the settings and try to play, but I wait like 10 mins and nothing happens, I just watch the Waiting... panel. What I have to do. Do I have to change or open a port??How can I do it??
Please help me! Sorry my english isn't very good :(
 

buba3d

Senior Squad
Me and my m8 had the same problems, then i found out it was the built in winxp firewall, all sorted now.(H)
 

Mayor

Starting XI
from http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=17907

ROUTER HOWTO:


Playing PES4 PC online behind a router works perfectly, u just need (you MUST do it for being able to host or join an online game) to forward the UDP (and not TCP) port 5739 (port can be changed in PES4 settings) to you local ip adress (usually, "192.168.0.x" or "192.168.1.x").

To do that, open FireFox (or Internet Explorer if you are using that ****) and go to your router's ip adress, ex: http://192.168.0.1 (of yourse, your router's ip adress can be different, but often it's "192.168.0.1" or "192.168.1.1"). Then you'll be asked a password and username, the defalut ones are often "admin" and "12345" or somethnig generic like that, anyway, they must be somwhere in the manual.
Inside the router, you need to find an option called "port redirection" or something else (it can change depending on router's brand), and there you will be able to forward a port to a ip adress. By default, the UDP port you must forward (it's the one PES4 uses, unless you changed it in the settings) is 5739, and it must be forwarded to your local ip adress (the one that is shown in the online menu in PES4). You can find more infos on how to forward a port in your router manual...

In the game u'll still see you local ip, that's just normal, but if you host a game, the client will be able to join you using your external ip adress (which you can get here (if you don't have a static ip, it will change each 24hours, so you need to recheck it every day): http://www.whatismyip.com/ ), and of course joining a game isn't a problem either...

If you have a software firewall (including windows xp's firewall), just shut it down before playing (or somehow manage to open or forward the UDP port 5739), I don't have experience with software firewalls, so I can't help).
 

uglyfatboy

Club Supporter
i solve my router problem too.

now it can connect to play.

but when it start game, in the middle of the field.

i and my opponent can't do nothing.

anybody help me?

it seems im the only one who face this.
 

TristanAbbott7

Starting XI
Originally posted by uglyfatboy
i solve my router problem too.

now it can connect to play.

but when it start game, in the middle of the field.

i and my opponent can't do nothing.

anybody help me?

it seems im the only one who face this.

I've got the exact same problem.
 

omaragha

Club Supporter
There seems to be many peeps with on line problems that are unsolvable.

I play many online game sand this is the only one that gives me grief !

I have portforwaded , opended firewalls etc etc etc

No joy - I am felling yr pain guys !
 

Aquadark

Youth Team
Damn it, I decided not to open a new thread, because there are plenty of them already... So anyway, here is my problem.
I used to play with a friend of mine flawlessly, until I changed my ISP. My old USB modem is now replaced by one with an Ethernet interface (connecting via Lan card) and now we can no longer play. All UDP ports are open forwarded and open, there is no firewall but still nothing. When we try to connect, it says unable to connect and that's all. It's clear that PC's "see" eachother but cannot establish a connection... so what can I do, I've lost all day trying to work that out :(((((
 

JohnPublic40k

Club Supporter
Aquadark, have you and your friend tried switching who is the client and who is the server? I have a mate that I play various online games with through direct connect and we seldom run into a problem we cannot solve. However, even with all settings on both our routers correct he cannot connect to me when I am the server (I have served games against other people), but when he is the server and I am the client we do not have a problem. If you have not tried this, its worth a shot.

EDIT: In our situation when he tries to connect to me PES4 says that he has challenged me to a match, but when I accept it, he automatically get the "unable to connect message," which sounds like the same issue you are having.
 

repsaK

Reserve Team
Originally posted by JohnPublic40k
Aquadark, have you and your friend tried switching who is the client and who is the server? I have a mate that I play various online games with through direct connect and we seldom run into a problem we cannot solve. However, even with all settings on both our routers correct he cannot connect to me when I am the server (I have served games against other people), but when he is the server and I am the client we do not have a problem. If you have not tried this, its worth a shot.

EDIT: In our situation when he tries to connect to me PES4 says that he has challenged me to a match, but when I accept it, he automatically get the "unable to connect message," which sounds like the same issue you are having.

I have the problem that when my friend joins me there only appears Waiting.... and nothing happens. But when i join him there comes on his screen if he want to accept challenge or not and then he accepts...........and then disconnected from opponent???????
You know what that is?
 

Johnny_Big

Starting XI
Originally posted by repsaK
I have the problem that when my friend joins me there only appears Waiting.... and nothing happens. But when i join him there comes on his screen if he want to accept challenge or not and then he accepts...........and then disconnected from opponent???????
You know what that is?

I have exactly the same problem as you. You have to port forward the port 5739. However...my router seems like it doesn't let me do that. :( :(
 

askewd

Club Supporter
Same problem for one of my friends too. He has a router but another mate has a router and his works fine.

If we try to play on line, it tells me that he has challenged me, and when I press accept it says "Disconnected" at my end, and "Unable to connect" at his end...

Very weird.

Any answers on this one yet?

DALE
 

askewd

Club Supporter
Somebody has suggested forwarding both the UCP AND the TCP ports.

Not tried it yet, will tonight.
Anybody already tried this?

DALE
 


Top