How much will Chelsea spend in the next transfer window?

Mandieta6

Red Card - Life
Life Ban
Yeah, I don't think we need anyone else either, maybe a loan player to cover Drgoba or someone during the african cup, but it depends on who leaves.
 

dipset

Reserve Team
LeeTheLegend;2321820 said:
Why do Chelsea keep spending un necessary money on new players, they have enough top quality players? And enough players to cover each position three times over.

I dunno bout that , we have no cover for our center backs, i think Boularouz will be sold or will be deep in the bench.
i think we just need cover on our CB , but i agree we dont need any more midfield players cuz we have , Essien, Joe Cole, Ballack, Lamps, Mak, Mikel, SWP, and potential sidwelll but the africans cup just throws the whole balance outta the windo, Man U dont even have ne african players so you guys have nothign to worry bout , same with liverpool, sucks for Arsenal and Newcastly (martins)
 

treble41

Senior Squad
If Chelsea had three players for every position, they would have won the Premiership. I don't know if you watched the game against Arsenal but they had two reserve guys on the bench in a game they needed to win. One of them, Sinclair, was even brought on. Mourinho wanted a thin squad this season which I always think is dumb and it has back fired on him so he will definetely be looking to spend big.
 

pefan

Reserve Team
50 mil on stars....

sheva out, ballack out.. a defender in and maybe a young keeper and a striker

Utd will prolly get two players mid and striker and possibly a defender
 

pefan

Reserve Team
Mandieta6;2321819 said:
I don't get why the african cup is played midseason, why don't they do it in the summer?

who would watch it? They are smart not having it summer because people will either watch Confederations cup, Euros or women world cup. January is great time. If clubs dont like it best they avoid african players.
 

dipset

Reserve Team
treble41;2321877 said:
If Chelsea had three players for every position, they would have won the Premiership. I don't know if you watched the game against Arsenal but they had two reserve guys on the bench in a game they needed to win. One of them, Sinclair, was even brought on. Mourinho wanted a thin squad this season which I always think is dumb and it has back fired on him so he will definetely be looking to spend big.

Mourinho is a great friend to the players and thas why Damien Duff, Hernan Crespo, Eidu Gudjohnsen, Huth they also sent GLen Johnson alone as well , all wanted to get more p.t but they couldnt get it consistently at chelsea so they had to let them go (except for crespo (personal reasons) also the previous year Chelsea's injury problems were very minimal so they were very fortunate but werent as fortunate this yr and thats what i think Mourinho taught as well he didnt think Injuries could become this big.
 

Help?

Fan Favourite
Mandieta6;2321819 said:
I don't get why the african cup is played midseason, why don't they do it in the summer?

Because its much much hotter in the summer, rather than winter, which is still too hot for soccer in half the countries.
 

Mandieta6

Red Card - Life
Life Ban
Help?;2322071 said:
Because its much much hotter in the summer, rather than winter, which is still too hot for soccer in half the countries.

Makes sense, how long is the african cup?

pefan;2321964 said:
who would watch it? They are smart not having it summer because people will either watch Confederations cup, Euros or women world cup. January is great time. If clubs dont like it best they avoid african players.

Doesn't. In January the'd have to compete with all the leagues and cups which would attract all the european viewers anyway. And avoiding african players is stupid, there are many good ones out there (proof like Essien, Drogba, etc.) and not getting them because of a competition every once in a while is just... silly, for lack of a non-offensive word.
 

pefan

Reserve Team
Mandieta6;2322341 said:
Makes sense, how long is the african cup?



Doesn't. In January the'd have to compete with all the leagues and cups which would attract all the european viewers anyway. And avoiding african players is stupid, there are many good ones out there (proof like Essien, Drogba, etc.) and not getting them because of a competition every once in a while is just... silly, for lack of a non-offensive word.

I'm African you joker. I watch the competition. I really couldnt give a flying ducks if people chose not to watch it. Its great they have it every two years in the summer. That way the countries get more matches and we get to see the talent. If people dont want to watch its there loss. Ivory Coast vs Cameroon world cup qualifier on that rice field of a pitch proved the real quality of players and teams in Africa. African players dont complain about pitches thats why they are good technically and have good skill on the ball. In England the pitch is flat everyone cries about pitches. Many of those countries are better than Poland, Slovenia, Serbia etc if you look at the abilities of the players. The quality of football is sometimes slower. But we also dont see players drinking water every 5 seconds. There use to it and play it at their tempo.

Man Utd are looking at 3 players at the moment. Possibly a striker midfielder and another mystery player. two of them being English players of course
 

Mandieta6

Red Card - Life
Life Ban
Why don't you take your rant to somehwhere where someone gives a ****. Really, I didn't see anyone say anything about african players quality. Damn, why does every african here feel the need to bitch about their players.
 

Bummy_JaB

Senior Squad
They will probably get Ribery now so he wont join any other EPL team. At whatever cost and will go to waste like SWP.
 

pefan

Reserve Team
Mandieta6;2322466 said:
Why don't you take your rant to somehwhere where someone gives a ****. Really, I didn't see anyone say anything about african players quality. Damn, why does every african here feel the need to bitch about their players.

:sleep:
 

newbie original

We apologize for keeping the yellow too long
Yellow Card
Last time I checked, Mourinho said he wouldn't be spending much this off-season, or was that Kenyon?
 

pefan

Reserve Team
Steve Sidwell could be the first summer signing. Free transfer from Reading. Lucky guy. But I guess Steve Coppell rescued him from Arsenal and he coulda shown more loyalty. But We'll see how many games he gets if he does move.
 


Top