Discussion in 'FEd2002 Forum' started by Javier BErtossi, Sep 2, 2002.
i can't import badges, why?
Because that function does not work. You have to do it manually using EA Graph.
and how can I export it with eage? (sorry for my ignorance )
Right....my tutorial to importing badge:
1. Open EA Graphics Editor.
2. Open the required .fsh file which holds the badges (e.g. .\FIFA 2002\data\feart\flags\england1.fsh).
3. Click on one of the numbers to choose the SHPI image.
4. When the image is now shown, click File|Save As|FSH. Give it a name that is easy to remember (e.g. if image is 0001, then call it 0001.fsh).
5. On the left-hand side, note the X,Y values and record them.
6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 until all images are saved as FSH.
7. To add a badge, you need to create a FSH file which contains your image (in BMP format).
8. Open a random FSH file which is used for badges (e.g. .\FIFA 2002\data\feart\flags\england1.fsh).
9. Repeat step 3 for a random image.
10. Give the FSH a name corresponding to the new team's number (e.g. 3001 for the first custom created team in FEd).
11. On the left hand side, in the label box, put down the new team's number in 4 digit format.
12. Give the image appropriate X,Y values, i.e. not taken by any image X,Y values. (X,Y values are described in more detail below, read it first!)
13. When this image is saved, open the FSH file in EA Graphhics Editor.
14. Select the image.
15. Click Tools|Import Wizard.
16. Click 'Import an existing external file into the current open image'.
17. Click Browse and find the BMP file which holds the image for the badge.
18. Click Next.
19. Close the current FSH file.
20. Click Tools|Import Wizard.
21. Click 'Create a new SHPI image by combining external FSH files.
22. Click Browse and find the original FSH file (e.g. .\FIFA 2002\data\feart\flags\england1.fsh).
23. Click Add and find one of the FSH files that contain badges.
24. Repeat step 23 until all badges has now been chosen. (Make sure none are missed)
25. Click Next.
26. Open the original FSH file (now edited).
27. Select the first image.
28. Click Tools|Palette Workbench.
29. Click on the button which has a 'dropper' icon. (The topmost of the three in a vertical column)
30. Click on the background colour (usually black, but can be any colour).
31. Decrease the opacity value to 0, using the Opacity slider on the left.
32. Repeat steps 27 to 31 for all the images in the FSH file.
33. Play the game with the new badge.
Note badges for rest of the world are stored in:
and badges for other national teams are stored in:
Badges X,Y values:
Two badges cannot have the same X,Y value, as this is the memory area where the data about each badge is stored. As each badge is a 74×73 image, they go up in 74×73 increments.
The first badge usually have X,Y value of 0,0.
The second badge usually have X,Y value of 0,73.
The third badge usually have X,Y value of 0,146.
They do not necessarily needs to be in the order, for example the third badge can have 0,0 and first badge has 148,146. As long as no 2 badge has the same value, there should not be any problems.
This will continue in 74 increments for X. So, next badge will have value 74,0. The next will have 74,73, and the next: 74,146.
The next three will have 148,0; 148,73; 148,146.
If you think the next badge is 222,219, which I first thought, you are wrong, as that will mean the data for the fourth badge will be stored from 222,219 to 295,291. As 295 and 291 are both over 256 (8 bits), this means that it will overflow, and this might cause distortion of the image. So therefore, the fourth badge should have value, 256,0.
The fifth badge will have value 256,73 and the next one 256,146.
The next 3 will have 330,0; 330,73 and 330,146.
The next 3: 404,0; 404,73 and 404,146.
The next 3, again has to jump to the next byte(8 bits), so:
512,0; 512,73; 512,146.
I think you get the pattern now, if you don't, you shouldn't bother making badges, it's sort of complicated, you know.
Hope you like my tutorial, I spent quite a long time writing it.
....and quite a long time as well for working the whole thing out myself.
HERCULES YOUR TUTORIAL IS GREAT!!! Thanks a lot
Gaddafi Killed by Rebels
Cheap Clutch Handbags
Fake Handbags In China
Louis Vuitton Handmade Handbags Wholesale
Separate names with a comma.