Manchester United Thread [2011/2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmboy

Reserve Team
God, that kid's just oozing confidence. I just hope he doesn't let his skill get to his head, his humility and attitude makes him really likable right now.
 

Pogba4Now

Team Captain
We're suddenly quiet in the market again. :-(

Haven't heard about Young or De Gea for a while. Only thing is that De Gea stated a while ago that he wanna "play until his 40s like VDS" but that doesn't mean anything.

Young news dead for a while now.

Sanchez, Modric, Sneijder are unlikely now and Nasri is impossible to begin with. Who are we left with?
 

mnj2x

Senior Squad
Nady;3053521 said:
We're suddenly quiet in the market again. :-(

Haven't heard about Young or De Gea for a while. Only thing is that De Gea stated a while ago that he wanna "play until his 40s like VDS" but that doesn't mean anything.

Young news dead for a while now.

Sanchez, Modric, Sneijder are unlikely now and Nasri is impossible to begin with. Who are we left with?

haha chill man...still have the whole of july to go. I am sure there will be 2 more signings. Gutted about sanchez though.
 

Pogba4Now

Team Captain
I know haha. But sad to see big names getting transfers before we even start getting active. Looks like we're gonna miss out on Modric too.
 

Pogba4Now

Team Captain
^ Hope so :D. I hope he maintains good form and consistency throughout his career unlike players like Owen.

De Gea has again stated today that he's keen to emulate idols VDS and Schmeichel. That means nothing at all but very good signs. He seems interested in United + SAF has already mentioned that he admires De Gea. Very good signs. We just have to make an agreement with Athletico now I guess. Hopefully another team doesn't come and screw up things now.
 

clash

Senior Squad
Apparently Lens has rejected a bid for Raphael Varane. The bid was reported to be around 9 million pounds, is he really worth that big of a risk anyway?
 

ladylover

Senior Squad
Nady;3053765 said:
^ Hope so :D. I hope he maintains good form and consistency throughout his career unlike players like Owen.

De Gea has again stated today that he's keen to emulate idols VDS and Schmeichel. That means nothing at all but very good signs. He seems interested in United + SAF has already mentioned that he admires De Gea. Very good signs. We just have to make an agreement with Athletico now I guess. Hopefully another team doesn't come and screw up things now.

A deal is already in place.....De Gea is changing from agents and therefore the deal can not be announced till July 1.....
 

Tiago_10

Senior Squad
clash;3053910 said:
Apparently Lens has rejected a bid for Raphael Varane. The bid was reported to be around 9 million pounds, is he really worth that big of a risk anyway?

He's going to Real Madrid.

And frankly, you already bought Phil Jones, nearly same age... Shouldn't you be thinking about getting one midfielder or two?
 

ArgVega

Yellow Card - Racism; Exp. 31/08/2013
STOP trying to sign wingers and centre-backs and start signing some **** world class midfielders so we don't embarrass you in a CL final for a third time:innocent_smile_1:
 

Pogba4Now

Team Captain
ladylover;3054009 said:
A deal is already in place.....De Gea is changing from agents and therefore the deal can not be announced till July 1.....

It is widely reported that a deal is arranged and that "he is expected to move" after the U21 Euros. But there's no confirmation yet... I remember the same kind of situation with Ronaldinho but then things got screwed up afterwards.

I just hope some team doesn't come and hi-Carlos the deal. There is no big clubs looking for a GK as far as I know. So thats a good thing.

As for Varane, he's a CB/DM. We don't need one more CB. We have some good CBs for at least a good 4-5 more years now I'd say.
 

mnj2x

Senior Squad
Looks like we are on the verge of signing ashley young. I am confused. Are we gonna sign a midfielder or what.
 

Pogba4Now

Team Captain
Xifio;3054135 said:
I was gonna say Arsenal are / should be, but then I re-read that you specifically said big clubs ... hah (H)

Haha. I like that! (H)


Anyway, with Jones, Young and probably De Gea, what are the chances of us having another signing or two? Its been a LONG time since we had more than 3 big name signings. Also, Ferguson mentioned few months ago that we'll sign 3 players in the summer. Hope these 3 signings are not the only ones. :(. Its never possible to know what's Fergie's mind. Remember last season when we were so strongly linked with Ozil? Who did we get instead? Bebe (H)
 

Pogba4Now

Team Captain
Young signed. Official. Reported 16 millions.

Chicharito scored again. Can't stop scoring! Hope he comes back to United with the same form.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.


Top