PES fans, FIFA 08 is eating you up!

sa33ood

Reserve Team
Hahahahaha, Nack and everyone else, you are all so overwhelmed for the fact that someone is giving PES some position in some chart, it's like you can't believe it! Do you really think that charts are what I wanted us to talk about in the first post?!

Why are you using charts to prove that a game is good or not?! I mean, if most of the people in the Leipzig convention were PES fans, dose that really make PES 2008 better than FIFA 08? I don't think so.

If you want to use charts, then ask any business analytics company, or just search the Internet for the "Best Selling games in 2006" for example.

Here is a hint: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=155866

When it is a free chart or a cheap lame forum PES fanboys burn the charts with so many hits and gets so called "first place", but when it comes to real world business it is always FIFA winning... hahah, hmmmmmmm I wonder why?!

Anyways, I don't want to start this whole "look at this chart" thingy over here, we are good enough to talk or express our opinions without using some poll done in some convention... With all do respect to all conventions, but even if FIFA is the best selling game of all time, I would not use that in my talk, simply because I know how to defend my opinions through mature talk and in-game spot on facts. :)

I used the example above to show you how lame you are when you use charts or reports. ;)
 

anamenos

Club Supporter
Its a preview a little bit old, but now i found it ...

http://www.rewiredmind.com/opinionated/so-what-do-we-know-about-fifa-2008/


he close...

As far as I can see, FIFA 08 has a great shot at knocking PES off the top of the table this year – and it pains me to say that as a hardcore PES fan. Judgement is reserved, and it’s a game of two halves, but if they get the rub of the green, EA Canada could well emerge with a slim lead at the end of the day, Brian.


hahahahahahahahahaha
 

Nack

Reserve Team
sa33ood;2393862 said:
Hahahahaha, Nack and everyone else, you are all so overwhelmed for the fact that someone is giving PES some position in some chart, it's like you can't believe it! Do you really think that charts are what I wanted us to talk about in the first post?!

Why are you using charts to prove that a game is good or not?! I mean, if most of the people in the Leipzig convention were PES fans, dose that really make PES 2008 better than FIFA 08? I don't think so.

If you want to use charts, then ask any business analytics company, or just search the Internet for the "Best Selling games in 2006" for example.

Here is a hint: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=155866

When it is a free chart or a cheap lame forum PES fanboys burn the charts with so many hits and gets so called "first place", but when it comes to real world business it is always FIFA winning... hahah, hmmmmmmm I wonder why?!

Anyways, I don't want to start this whole "look at this chart" thingy over here, we are good enough to talk or express our opinions without using some poll done in some convention... With all do respect to all conventions, but even if FIFA is the best selling game of all time, I would not use that in my talk, simply because I know how to defend my opinions through mature talk and in-game spot on facts. :)

I used the example above to show you how lame you are when you use charts or reports. ;)

LMAO!

God your still convinced aren't you?

This was the biggest trade show in europe! And for PES2008 to win when it's not even finished yet must mean that fifa that is finished is not upto it! Even on your so called next gen console version!

It may be good in your narrow minded view, but it's not the best is it? PES rules and you hate it for that! :rockman::rockman::rockman:
 

forzadelpiero

Club Supporter
we'll have to wait and see. NO way to tell until the actual games 2008 are out.

Personally I still wish sega had continued with their soccer game from early saturn days. At a time that was one of the best games, but development didn't get much past that, and we are talking about 1996 here. Then again, things usually remember better than they actually were.
 

sa33ood

Reserve Team
Nack;2393957 said:
LMAO!

God your still convinced aren't you?

This was the biggest trade show in europe! And for PES2008 to win when it's not even finished yet must mean that fifa that is finished is not upto it! Even on your so called next gen console version!

It may be good in your narrow minded view, but it's not the best is it? PES rules and you hate it for that! :rockman::rockman::rockman:

After this post of yours, Nack, I want to play FIFA 08 even much more than before! :D

Can't wait for the smooth gameplay! I was watching before yesterday a match between Nice and Lens (French league - real life), And oh my god how close it was to FIFA 08 videos! The same game speed, same player behaviors and the best thing of all the same smooth movements! :)

I tried comparing the speed of falling balls or crossover balls; in real life an average crossover takes about 1.6 seconds from the moment the player hits it to the second it reaches the middle of the goal are, in FIFA it took 1.54 exactly on my stopwatch! :D I tried to find the exact situation in one video.

In PES 2008 videos, and after searching in more than 10 clips to get at least one different scenario, I got almost 2.2 seconds of ball flying time!!! that's like shooting a ball from the goalie to the middle of the pitch in real life! hahahahhaaaaahahaha

Soon, I'm going to do a big video comparison between real life physics and in-game physics for FIFA 08 and PES 2008, it will include player physics, ball physics and of course gameplay realism in different situations. :D

I did many already but didn't record any of the information. that's what made me like FIFA 07 on next-gen; it is unbelievably real to the point that if you are used to PES or old FIFA titles game engines you might feel lost in FIFA 07 next-gen!

Most of us take old titles as an idol to base our opinions on for next-gen games, but the truth is, next-gen FIFA is something different, so real that it is hard, so real that everyday I play it more I get amazed by how new and fresh the moves can be executed in every situation! :)
 

elhelmiey

Reserve Team
well... please stop sa33ood because we all know that Nack is just a 12-year-old-pes-fan-boy and now he's crying and peeing in his pant already haha
 

Nack

Reserve Team
fireballthunder;2394022 said:
well... please stop sa33ood because we all know that Nack is just a 12-year-old-pes-fan-boy and now he's crying and peeing in his pant already haha


You and all your idiotic fanboy girls can go play your inferior game!

As you'd only get owned at PES because fifa takes no skill at all!


Just wait until the games are released, and you'll see how right I am!

Fifa = :-puke:

PES = :Carlos*o:

Get used to it as PES is the best football sim bar none! Just makes me laugh at how you cum at a screenshot or pre rendered skill videos!

Yeah nice if it really works like that, but it doesn't, I've played both, and PES owns big style!
 

anamenos

Club Supporter
Nack;2394182 said:
You and all your idiotic fanboy girls can go play your inferior game!

As you'd only get owned at PES because fifa takes no skill at all!


Just wait until the games are released, and you'll see how right I am!

Fifa = :-puke:

PES = :Carlos*o:

Get used to it as PES is the best football sim bar none! Just makes me laugh at how you cum at a screenshot or pre rendered skill videos!

Yeah nice if it really works like that, but it doesn't, I've played both, and PES owns big style!

i believe that you work on ign...
 

sa33ood

Reserve Team
anamenos;2394193 said:
i believe that you work on ign...

Hahahahahaa, same feeling here. :p

Nack, You have to master FIFA to enjoy it, playing it for 30 or even 100 minutes is not enough. you probably hated it for the fact that it "doesn't" play like PES, which is a bogus way of talking about or judging games!

PES is something, and FIFA is something else... FIFA is a real-life-like soccer game, so real that you, as a PES gamer for a long time, will always hate it!

Face it man! :) I played PES since 8 years and shifted to FIFA 06 on PC then was not satisfied until FIFA 07 on Xbox 360! and I still play PES 6 on xbox 360 at my friends'; I can't but say that FIFA 07 is the most realistic game I played to date, I get amazed everyday! Believe me... You have to try stuff you never thought of to enjoy it, stuff that happens in real life, not in game... man, play FIFA 07 and I will assist you in anything you find hard or stuff that you might think is wrong compared to PES. :)

Try playing it for at least 3 months! this is not too much compared to over 5 years of PES or winning eleven.
 

elhelmiey

Reserve Team
he didn't even play next gen fifa at all. he's such a bitch who only play pes and start to think it's the best so he'll never look at other game lol what a lame (N) where's your brain dude?

fifa = :Carlos*o:
pes = :-puke:
 

easyeasyeasy

Senior Squad
Nack;2391728 said:
This forum died for PES fans ages ago!
Damn straight. I don't know why SG even bother to have a PES section.

But I gotta admit some of the stuff in this thread is just turning into a tit-for-tat argument which is getting nowhere. Neither game is "crap", both have their good points and bad points. PES used to be so far ahead of FIFA years ago, but FIFA has caught up in recent years, because the developers finally realised stuff in the game needed changing for the better instead of the market-speak-driven nonsense, and actually came up with something good. PES has started slacking, which makes me wonder if Nokami are turning into the EA of the early 2000's, with the attitude of "it's alright, people will always buy it".
 

anamenos

Club Supporter
fireballthunder;2394254 said:
he didn't even play next gen fifa at all. he's such a bitch who only play pes and start to think it's the best so he'll never look at other game lol what a lame (N) where's your brain dude?

fifa = :Carlos*o:
pes = :-puke:

lol!! m8 i cant wait for ign review :rockman:
 

OrgulloVikingo

Senior Squad
Winning Eleven 9 wis my favorite game of footy pound for pound. I've played Fifa since 94 and enjoyed them until 3 or 4 years back. They were scripted garbage. Then I played NEXT GEN Fifa 2007 for the 360 = very promising but unfinished and full of bugs. UEFA CL NEXT GEN for 360 came along and they fixed alot of Fifa 2007's problems. I really enjoyed it. Now, NEXT GEN Fifa 2008 looks very very sweet. Animations are outstanding, gameplay looks good, features look nice and online looks exceptional especially since you can play 5 vs. 5 controlling only 1 character the whole time while 4 others control one each and AI controls the rest. The fact that the AI controls the rest leads me to believe that the gameplay is very vey fixed. Add to that the professional audio, menus and smooth online play, I won't bother with PES unless it is very very good. Honestly, I'm tired of the 1980s cheesy guitar rock, lame menus and cheap graphics. But then again, we;ll see. I'll dl the demo. I want to have an open mind and wont rule it out yet. In summary, I think EA is much more ambitious than Konami is, from what I've heard, read and seen. I'm also still traumatized from the debacle that was the last PES, especially on the 360. It didn't belong on a next gen machine. It was stripped down and looked like an early PS2 game and even PES diehards weren't too happy with that.
 

Bahnzo

Club Supporter
OrgulloVikingo;2394451 said:
Winning Eleven 9 wis my favorite game of footy pound for pound. I've played Fifa since 94 and enjoyed them until 3 or 4 years back. They were scripted garbage. Then I played NEXT GEN Fifa 2007 for the 360 = very promising but unfinished and full of bugs. UEFA CL NEXT GEN for 360 came along and they fixed alot of Fifa 2007's problems. I really enjoyed it. Now, NEXT GEN Fifa 2008 looks very very sweet. Animations are outstanding, gameplay looks good, features look nice and online looks exceptional especially since you can play 5 vs. 5 controlling only 1 character the whole time while 4 others control one each and AI controls the rest. The fact that the AI controls the rest leads me to believe that the gameplay is very vey fixed. Add to that the professional audio, menus and smooth online play, I won't bother with PES unless it is very very good. Honestly, I'm tired of the 1980s cheesy guitar rock, lame menus and cheap graphics. But then again, we;ll see. I'll dl the demo. I want to have an open mind and wont rule it out yet. In summary, I think EA is much more ambitious than Konami is, from what I've heard, read and seen. I'm also still traumatized from the debacle that was the last PES, especially on the 360. It didn't belong on a next gen machine. It was stripped down and looked like an early PS2 game and even PES diehards weren't too happy with that.

Very well said, and this just about sums me up as well. I bought a PS2 years ago *just* to play PES. I've played the various FIFA's over the years, and while they have advanced in gameplay, they have yet to touch PES. I always come back to PES after giving FIFA a run.

But this year looks very promising. I'll have to wait until the reviews are out, but FIFA this year just might have a chance to convert me. If the gameplay is really as improved as EA is claiming, then this just might be the year I buy a 360 *just* to play FIFA.

Anyone wanna buy an American made hollowbody jazz guitar? I might need the money soon......
 

Robbie_boy

Club Supporter
OrgulloVikingo;2393369 said:
With Bioshock, Mass Effect out there, PES wins best game????????????????? BS, clearly who ever voted was a PES fan period and is not objective and knowledgeable of videogames. Clearly fanboys. PES 2008 doesnt bring anyhting refreshing to the table. Once again, people confuse current gen Fifa w/ Next Gen Fifa. Doublecheck the comparisons. PES 2008 is a slightly rehashed version of all other pes titles. If thats ok w/ you, fine. I have little confidance in Konami after the debacle debut on the 360. I thought it was a joke. They stripped the game and left it ugly and so unprofessional w/ 1980's style "music" , nasty presentation and backwards graphics. THERE IS NO NEED TO SACRIFICE GRAPHICS OVER GAMEPLAY ON THE 360 & PS3 ANYMORE. The gameplay excuse is getting old. Fifa at least has a vision and is getting there fast in the next gen. Konami just depends on its zombies who have closed minds. Anyway for those getting PES for next gen, its a waste. It won't be any different than PS2 but then again, you don't like change and improvements so enjoy.

I agree there's no way that Pes 2008 is better than Bioshock. Bioshock will get game of the year.....

It's the same OLD pes it was 4 or 5 YEARS AGO with a few little tweeks......
Tell me i'm wrong........:taz:
 

Robbie_boy

Club Supporter
easyeasyeasy;2394264 said:
Damn straight. I don't know why SG even bother to have a PES section.

But I gotta admit some of the stuff in this thread is just turning into a tit-for-tat argument which is getting nowhere. Neither game is "crap", both have their good points and bad points. PES used to be so far ahead of FIFA years ago, but FIFA has caught up in recent years, because the developers finally realised stuff in the game needed changing for the better instead of the market-speak-driven nonsense, and actually came up with something good. PES has started slacking, which makes me wonder if Nokami are turning into the EA of the early 2000's, with the attitude of "it's alright, people will always buy it".

I agree 100% WELL SAID MATE!!!!!!
 


Top