Real Madrid Thread [2007-2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPaulV

Starting XI
I wonder what new lies Calderon is going to invent and circulate around the media to make people believe in these phamtom signings that will never happen; Look guys I love my club as much as you do, but lets be honest here, Robben will probably come after we overpay for him cause we will...and Ballack is not coming, I doubt it. the craziness of it all for me is that Chelsea gave Robben a clear flip of the bird from Mourihno when they got Robben, yet, they wont let go...why?. because they want Dani Alves and want to use the transfer money from Robben....like I said before embarrasing
 

BayernFan01

Reserve Team
Ballack Ready To Take Massive Pay Cut To Join Madrid

Real Madrid's interest in Michael Ballack surfaced after their first friendly, when Bernd Schuster dropped his compatriot's name for the media to latch on to.

There have since been reports of a joint 40 million euro bid from Los Merengues for both him and Arjen Robben. It did not find much favour with Chelsea, but seems to have with Ballack, who is open to the move.

The player earns over 8 million euros per season at Stamford Bridge, but is prepared to drop his wage demands to 5.5 million in order to join Madrid, Marca have claimed.

That would mean giving up over 7.5 million over three years, something the player is happy to if the Merengue bosses can convince the Blues.

However, as much his transfer as Arjen Robben seems to be looking increasingly unlikely as the days go by.

With Jose Mourinho not too keen to open the door, only a special offer from Real Madrid will convince the 'Special One'.
 

mega montana

Starting XI
i'd love to get ballack, but i wonder how serious our interest is in him

he's a complete midfielder, one of the world's best, imo and would look great in our kit. I wish we could have gotten him two years ago
 

justhammy

Senior Squad
We are 2-0 down against PSV! The first goal of PSV was just a fantastic strike by Aisatti. And the second goal was a freekick and I think Casillas would have got him, Dudek didnt. Saviola looks out of form. Raul is like always, nowhere to be seen. Best man is Balboa, followed by Gago. Marcelo is doing a good job. He had a great chance and wasted it though. We should bring Robinho in and get one of the strikers out because they s*ck. Guti needs to get in for De La Red. I really am getting worried about all those goals we concede! We need to fix it before we get embarassed next week against Sevilla!

EDIT: 1-2. Saviola scored. Freekick was layed back to Saviola and he finished superb. Great intellegence by Guti. They trained for this!!

Ok, I gotta say this! There is absolutely NO balance in Schuster's tactics. He really wants us to play good football, but instead we get alot of holes on the field that will cost us games! We are way too attacking. The same as with a few years ago. Our attack really isnt good. Raul s*cks. Saviola was very bad in the first, but great in the second half, but he should have scored at least one. Robinho came in and apart from a few things he was dissapointing. Guti was very good. Cannavaro (suprisingly) was the best defender today. Ramos wasnt very good. I think that Schuster should think about putting Higuain in his natural position and bench Raul ffs, at least till Ruud returns. We miss that guy! He could have scored like 4 goals if he played! One positive note, Balboa and Marcelo look very promising!

Lets hope Schuster gets this team going. Aisatti was PSV's best man today! Here in holland we see him as the biggest talent of all, so we might have to keep an eye on him instead of trying to get Drenthe. I know its still early, but I cant stand losing and I cant stand it even more if we get like 5/6 clear chances and waste them like it means nothing!
 

Jaouadinho

Senior Squad
its gonna take time for schister's plans to take shape, first half we were poor, but second half was great, i think little by little schuster is understanding what is his first team.

a few positives from todays game.

MARCELO, WAS OUSTANDING I THINK HE HAS JUST CHANGED THE MIND OF SCHUSTER.

Balboa should be in the squad still hs a lot to improve but he is a quality player.

Gago played fairly well but i still think diarra has that spot covered.

robinho is much more effective through the middle, and although he didnt do great, 2day u could see what he offers to the team.

we really need a lef midfielder, we rally should try and get robben as quick as possible.

cannavaro looked very solid 2day, should defently be a starter next to Pepe.

Guti was again outstanding 2day.
 

justhammy

Senior Squad
Jaouadinho;2374229 said:
its gonna take time for schister's plans to take shape, first half we were poor, but second half was great, i think little by little schuster is understanding what is his first team.

a few positives from todays game.

MARCELO, WAS OUSTANDING I THINK HE HAS JUST CHANGED THE MIND OF SCHUSTER.

Balboa should be in the squad still hs a lot to improve but he is a quality player.

Gago played fairly well but i still think diarra has that spot covered.

robinho is much more effective through the middle, and although he didnt do great, 2day u could see what he offers to the teat one thing is still not changed, Raul should start on the bench next game, and he should only come in when needed. Because its the same story all over again, he stim.

we really need a lef midfielder, we rally should try and get robben as quick as possible.

cannavaro looked very solid 2day, should defently be a starter next to Pepe.

Guti was again outstanding 2day.
Yeah Marcelo and Balboa were impressive today! But im still not happy about the teams finishing! And also the chaos in midfield! It should be solved! But damn, Marcelo really showed his potential (like in FM ;)) He is lightning fast! I was a bit angry when the game ended thats why I gave the critics, but now im a bit cooled ;) Guti will be even more important than last year I think. And Gago, well, what can I say! Even Schuster said it, he can be a very important player!
 

KingPaulV

Starting XI
guti is looking just right so far and so is marcelo, I think if Guti can maintain some consistency we can tell Kaka to suck it....now on to the disgrece that is the robben deal...I think we will not get Robben or Ballack or anybody else for that matter, not until the winter transfers...to compound to the embarrasment, is the fact that I predict as a result of this botched deals Madrid will suffer in exactly that position as we have seen so far in the pre season......
 

Silencer

Superstar
KingPaulV;2374302 said:
guti is looking just right so far and so is marcelo, I think if Guti can maintain some consistency we can tell Kaka to suck it....now on to the disgrece that is the robben deal...I think we will not get Robben or Ballack or anybody else for that matter, not until the winter transfers...to compound to the embarrasment, is the fact that I predict as a result of this botched deals Madrid will suffer in exactly that position as we have seen so far in the pre season......

Kaka is about to sign a new contract with Milan till 2012 so he's not coming to Madrid anyway (:/)
 

justhammy

Senior Squad
Silencer;2374319 said:
Kaka is about to sign a new contract with Milan till 2012 so he's not coming to Madrid anyway (:/)
Yeah let him stay there. It would be better for him! We have 3/4 ACM atm and we might get another one too. Guti, Baptista, De La Red, Granero. Now Granero still has alot to learn, but he is a big talent. Same goes for De La Red, though he is a bit more experienced than Granero. Guti, when playing constant, is a joy to watch and definitely one of the best in his position. Baptista needs faith from the Coach.
 

PSVFOREVER

Fan Favourite
Why do people still have hopes Guti can actually be at a consistent high level throughout a whole season? He can be brilliant, but never manages to continue this for more than a few games. He'll screw up by getting a stupid red card or he'll just be invisible. He's at his best when coming on as a sub, but as a starter he's very average.
 

justhammy

Senior Squad
PSVFOREVER;2374397 said:
Why do people still have hopes Guti can actually be at a consistent high level throughout a whole season? He can be brilliant, but never manages to continue this for more than a few games. He'll screw up by getting a stupid red card or he'll just be invisible. He's at his best when coming on as a sub, but as a starter he's very average.
Yeah he isnt consistent and thats why we want to get another ACM/playmaker. The deal of Robben-Ballack will be soon completed as we are to make a final offer of 45 mil euro's! I dont think Chelsea will reject that!

But there you have it again, the fools at AS and Marca are saying that we could make it 3 out of 3 and make a final offer for Drenthe worth 18 mil! That would be just plain stupid. Think about it, players that have 3 times the potential of Drenthe and players like Chivu and Petrov would cost that much. I mean, Pato cost Milan like 20/22 mil. Yes he is just 17, but that guy will definitely make it there, because of the presense of Kaka and Ronaldo and his huge talent. Drenthe doesnt have enough talent and will never have! I'm gettin tired of those rumours about him! If we are willing to pay 18 mil for Drenthe then why not pay freakin 30 mil for a player like Nasri. If you go by the same logic as our board does, then he would have to cost like that.
 

PSVFOREVER

Fan Favourite
I agree buying Drenthe for anything over 6 or 7 million € would be outrageous. He's just hyped since the Under 20 championship.
 

mega montana

Starting XI
i dont know why we have such a hardon for drenthe?

as says we will get all 3 (ballack, robben and drenthe) within the next two days...we shall see
 

KingPaulV

Starting XI
mega montana;2374545 said:
i dont know why we have such a hardon for drenthe?

as says we will get all 3 (ballack, robben and drenthe) within the next two days...we shall see

YAWWW! wake me up when those deals actually go down, the way the front office has been this off season I really doubt it...I just dont see that happening, When we spike the price to 45 mill Chelsea will ask for 50 and so on and so forth, the funny thing is that Calderon has stated that anything above 18 mill for Robben was outrage and rightfully so, now, we are about to spend all our money and play like it was a good deal...disgrace!
 

KingPaulV

Starting XI
FUNNY! Check this out guys....now Ballack cites in the Chelsea website that he hasnt even been contacted by madrid.....what the hell is going on!!???
 

BayernFan01

Reserve Team
Madrid Ready To Finalise Robben And Ballack Move

Talks between the Spanish title holders and the Blues are set to resume this week after they broke off for the weekend.

Both AS and Marca agree that Robben and Ballack will arrive as Chelsea supremo, Roman Abramovich, is keen to recoup some money before splashing out Sevilla's Daniel Alves.

Bernabéu president, Ramón Calderón, is due to return to work on Monday after a brief break in Biarritz and he will meet with Pedja Mijatovic and the club's director general, José Ángel Sánchez to finalise the offer.

Madrid believe that the offer that was lodged late last week will receive a positive response as the Blues have had time to consider their options.

Ballack has already agreed to tka e a pay cut to make the switch and when his agent, Michael Becker, returns from the Algarve, the transfer will be pushed through.

Neither player appeared in the Community Shield at the weekend as the German is still recovering from ankle surgery and Robben has not played for two weeks because of a knee problem.
________________________________________________________________



Agent admits contact


Ballack's agent, however, has told the German press that he is in contact with Real Madrid about a possible move.

Michael Becker is quoted as telling Kicker that there was 'indirect contact' with the Spanish club.

But Becker also said he had advised Real to contact Chelsea to continue negotiations.
 

djgperu1

Senior Squad
After watching all of Real Madrid's pre-season games i want to review some of the player's performances.

Players that look promising:
-Balboa (definetely should stay)
-Pepe (should start)
-Cannavaro (looked really good in the last 2 games)
-Guti (should definetely start)
-Marcelo (looked way better than Torres)
-Granero (good touch.. plays good in the mid... should be loaned to get experience)
-Higuain (regardless of his poor shooting accuracy..lol... he is played great..)

Players that looked really bad:
-Metzelder.. (looked really slow...)
-Torres (played really bad during these games)

Players that didnt do enough...
-Soldado (didnt see much of him)
-Raul (more irregular than Guti)
-Bueno ( should be loaned... too weak to play in the wings)
-Cicinho (lost many balls... regular defending)

We need RVN ASAP

this is how we should play
---------casillas----------
ramos-pepe-canna-marcelo
---------diarra-----------
-higuain---guti-----Balboa/Granero
----------Robinho--------
------------RVN----------
 

justhammy

Senior Squad
djgperu1;2374745 said:
After watching all of Real Madrid's pre-season games i want to review some of the player's performances.

Players that look promising:
-Balboa (definetely should stay)
-Pepe (should start)
-Cannavaro (looked really good in the last 2 games)
-Guti (should definetely start)
-Marcelo (looked way better than Torres)
-Granero (good touch.. plays good in the mid... should be loaned to get experience)
-Higuain (regardless of his poor shooting accuracy..lol... he is played great..)

Players that looked really bad:
-Metzelder.. (looked really slow...)
-Torres (played really bad during these games)

Players that didnt do enough...
-Soldado (didnt see much of him)
-Raul (more irregular than Guti)
-Bueno ( should be loaned... too weak to play in the wings)
-Cicinho (lost many balls... regular defending)

We need RVN ASAP

this is how we should play
---------casillas----------
ramos-pepe-canna-marcelo
---------diarra-----------
-higuain---guti-----Balboa/Granero
----------Robinho--------
------------RVN----------

Couldnt agree more. I was also VERY impressed by Gago against PSV, but he actually never dissapointed me. Marcelo reminds me more and more of Carlos. He needs to stay. I would change 2 things though. Put Robinho on the left, free role (like against PSV) and play Saviola behind RVN. Balboa is really promosing, but he shouldnt start too many games atm. We cant depend on him for a whole season!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.


Top