Real Madrid Thread [2007-2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vedran-10

Starting XI
We clearly have the advantage in Chivu's case.
We win against Inter because Roma don't want to sell to their league rivals, and apparently we win against you because we're offering a longer contract, and that's what the Romanian wants.

We also probably have the advantage in Gabi Milito's case because he said he would say yes to Barcelona, and no to Madrid. Probably because of the failed transfer when you signed Woodgate instead.
 

MaestroZidane

YELLOW CARD: Untrustworthy
Why do people keep posting stuff about KAKA?? I'm a very optimistic person, but I don't see kaka in a madrid shirt any time soon.

Yes! I hope we do sign reyes and if babtista does come back then there is no point in getting Tevez. He's a good player, but we don't need him.

I'm aware of what schuster did with Getafe, and if he is our next coach then I just hope he can take what capello did, and raise the stakes.
 

yt23w

Youth Team
Drvar said:
yeah he was brilliant today. next season will be the big one for him i think
Notice he was playing as a SS not a midfielder.

I'd say no to Tevez. for some reason i just dont think he'd play well for us. im not sure why. Plus there are A) better players out there and B) bigger priorities for us, like a coach and some other positions that need players (like the wings!)

I'd would like to keep Reyes, and Baptista, im not too fussed about Robben, i'd like Quaresma or Ribery rather than him.

WHY have we not signed ANY players at all? (other than Metzelder, who was done ages ago.) ok Barca got Henry, Toure and some other guy, but we have NO ONE! just rumors! is it coz we are waiting for the coach? or do we like to make it hard on our selfs deliberately, then throw cash at other clubs when transfer time is nearly over.
 

justhammy

Senior Squad
yt23w;2353999 said:
Notice he was playing as a SS not a midfielder.

I'd say no to Tevez. for some reason i just dont think he'd play well for us. im not sure why. Plus there are A) better players out there and B) bigger priorities for us, like a coach and some other positions that need players (like the wings!)

I'd would like to keep Reyes, and Baptista, im not too fussed about Robben, i'd like Quaresma or Ribery rather than him.

WHY have we not signed ANY players at all? (other than Metzelder, who was done ages ago.) ok Barca got Henry, Toure and some other guy, but we have NO ONE! just rumors! is it coz we are waiting for the coach? or do we like to make it hard on our selfs deliberately, then throw cash at other clubs when transfer time is nearly over.

We have the green light for Robben. So that is finished he will come. I think that Reyes will stay too. We are in the fight for Chivu. (altough Barca and Inter are favourites) And as Mijatovich said, there are already some deals done. So just wait for the presentation of the new coach and then the signings will come. Believe me, we will sign a lot of players. (probably alot that we dont need) And BAPTISTA is coming back!!! That made my day!! The guy was fantastic the second half of last season. I hope he can make his Sevilla days come back!!!
 

justhammy

Senior Squad
mega montana;2354067 said:
blah, not a huge fan of robben
Im not a huge fan of him too. I prefer Reyes over him, but we should be happy that we sign winger finally! Now Robinho can play more central (I hope)
 

F4rrukh

Youth Team
This thread is going fast :). Guys I hope we get to sign some player now as I don't know why it is taking so long for Gods sake! The other teams have got their rosters well done but we haven't even signed a player yet with money. Metzelder was a free transfer and the other 3 Baptista, Soldado and Balboa returned from their lone period. We have released Pavon, Minambres and Mejia as well. I mean come on we need some players!

By the way Balboa got number 35 and Soldado got Ronaldo's 9. Shirt numbers of Baptista and Metzelder are still to be announced.
 

Socrates

Starting XI
A little update on the transfer rumor here.

Seems like we have agreed on personal terms with Chivu/he has given us the thumbs up to join us and now we need to just sort it out with Roma. Marca reporting that Cassano, Cicinho ( HELL YA! ), or Cannavaro could be used in the deal. This could be excellent we would get rid of Cicinho and get a CB that can also play LB. So it looks like Ramos will be our RB for next season and Torres his backup with Henize or another player to be the LB with Marcelo as the backup. Not too sure on Chivu though TBH but he seems like a good player and can play 2 positions so that's always nice to have.

Also Farrukh_|$B, we have to present the coach first than we can present the players. According to Mijatovic some deals are already done and others are close to being done so just be patient.
 

datboy

Starting XI
Socrates;2354498 said:
A little update on the transfer rumor here.

Seems like we have agreed on personal terms with Chivu/he has given us the thumbs up to join us and now we need to just sort it out with Roma. Marca reporting that Cassano, Cicinho ( HELL YA! ), or Cannavaro could be used in the deal. This could be excellent we would get rid of Cicinho and get a CB that can also play LB. So it looks like Ramos will be our RB for next season and Torres his backup with Henize or another player to be the LB with Marcelo as the backup. Not too sure on Chivu though TBH but he seems like a good player and can play 2 positions so that's always nice to have.

Also Farrukh_|$B, we have to present the coach first than we can present the players. According to Mijatovic some deals are already done and others are close to being done so just be patient.

Soc, why on earth would you want to get rid of Cicinho? :eek:
 
M

Mikey

Guest
Socrates;2354498 said:
A little update on the transfer rumor here.

Seems like we have agreed on personal terms with Chivu/he has given us the thumbs up to join us and now we need to just sort it out with Roma. Marca reporting that Cassano, Cicinho ( HELL YA! ), or Cannavaro could be used in the deal. This could be excellent we would get rid of Cicinho and get a CB that can also play LB. So it looks like Ramos will be our RB for next season and Torres his backup with Henize or another player to be the LB with Marcelo as the backup. Not too sure on Chivu though TBH but he seems like a good player and can play 2 positions so that's always nice to have.

Also Farrukh_|$B, we have to present the coach first than we can present the players. According to Mijatovic some deals are already done and others are close to being done so just be patient.

Chivu has expressed his desire to join Inter, Barca and Madrid all in the space of a month. I'd like for him to stay in Italy at Inter, and apparently thats his top option, but Roma dont wanna sell to a direct rival. He'd be a failure at Madrid, every defender is. Although a top defender, he does make blunders from time to time (Along with Doni, he was the main reason for Roma's disaster in Manchester).
 

randy23

Reserve Team
datboy;2354509 said:
Soc, why on earth would you want to get rid of Cicinho? :eek:

I second that why you want Cicinho off the team??? if you are thinking about getting Daniel Alves get that off your mind right now i have been watching that guy on the Brazilian NT and he sucks!!!! Cicinho can attack way more than him! :ewan:
 

big al

Senior Squad
i dont know whats the big fuzz over chivu , imo he is really overrated, if he doesnt go to barca we either get milito or andrade and the same goes for madrid, so either way i dont think neither team loose if you see it that way.

if you ask me i would rather be fighting for andrade.
 

big al

Senior Squad
randy23;2354521 said:
I second that why you want Cicinho off the team??? if you are thinking about getting Daniel Alves get that off your mind right now i have been watching that guy on the Brazilian NT and he sucks!!!! Cicinho can attack way more than him! :ewan:

well everybody sucks in the brazil national team except robi, alves plays very diferently in sevilla as every other player for his club , i still think he is better than cicinho any day, but cicinho could be very useful for madrid still, s. ramos should be the priorty in that position now that you are getting new cb's to pair with cannavaro, i know many prefer ramos in the cb position , but the stats dont lie , your defense is very weak when you pair cannavaro and ramos, i think that was the point on bringing at least 2 new cb's so ramos can go back to his position. believe me this comming from a barcelonista a back 4 with ramos, cannavaro, chivu/andrade/milito/ or metzelder , heinze ; what more could you ask for really.
 

Socrates

Starting XI
datboy;2354509 said:
Soc, why on earth would you want to get rid of Cicinho? :eek:

As a RB he gets exposed way too easy. As a RW he is not effective ( loses his suprise that he has when playing as a RB ) and is shut down without too much trouble by the other team's defence. To put it simple Ramos is a LOT better than him and so is Torres so I don't see much use of keeping him and Roma has been wanting him for a while now so we could get some good money.

Oh and I agree with big al, I would rather get Andrade too. I am a bit scared to get defender's from Italy ( Samuel, Fabio, Thuram, and Zambrotta all had bad first season's ) with the whole adaptation process and all, plus from the Roma games I have seen he does make some really silly mistakes.

Randy - If I wanted Alves I would play him at RW not RB. Oh and Alves looks a lot better for Sevilla, seems like their style of play works perfect for him as they attack down their wings a lot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.


Top