SF #2: Russia vs. Spain [P+R]

$teauA

Superstar
It would be a shame for him to leave Zenit right now when they've reached the big time and will be playing in the CL. I would love to see that team play in the CL at full potential. As for this match, I think it's gonna be a thriller. I see it going into extra time tied at 1-1, then 2-2 after ET followed by a Spain win in penalties.
 

Tosiek

Słowiańska Dusza
I just found out that Arshavin is 27! Anyway, I put my hopes in Russia again. They have enough potential and heart to play on 29th of June. They play the most attractive football from all semi finalists.

Even if Spain go through and meet Germany in the final - they don't stand a chance. Germany are too *******- damn- bloody- good when they play in the final. It's so ******* true what Gary Lineker has said 'Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.':(
 

Coruja

Senior Squad
Sevillista;2541223 said:
The 2-1 against Holland was definitely a pass from Arshavin.

Yes, Sorry, my mistake, i thought it was Zhirkov.. But, the pass came from the left side, like most of the times.
 

OrgulloVikingo

Senior Squad
Anthony;2541515 said:
I just found out that Arshavin is 27! Anyway, I put my hopes in Russia again. They have enough potential and heart to play on 29th of June. They play the most attractive football from all semi finalists.

Even if Spain go through and meet Germany in the final - they don't stand a chance. Germany are too *******- damn- bloody- good when they play in the final. It's so ******* true what Gary Lineker has said 'Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.':(

Germany is always tough. even a bad German side is a good one. It's certainly tough for us with 2 very good teams in the way, but it's totally possible.
 

newbie original

We apologize for keeping the yellow too long
Yellow Card
OH NO, here we go again...........

RUSSIA OUT: The Curse of "The Dream"........

Arshavin: I TOO have a dream. It is to play for Barca.

He should have learnt, by now, that these sort of distractions are no good for a national team.
 

daS

Reserve Team
Spain will play the game as AWAY side .. and this makes them wear unlucky accursed yellow kit .. xD xD xD xD xD xD xD .. haha :D
 

Bonzi

Starting XI
Help?;2541932 said:
Who cares what kit who wears. Bonzi didn't start this thread, hence Russia will lose.
I kept silence hoping no one would notice that (H) But now I hope the same way the white kit curse was broken that thread starting thing will not matter as well :)
 

OrgulloVikingo

Senior Squad
I dont care what color we wear. Weve been wearing red and white kits for years and not won anything with them. For the record, weve never lost a semi final (not that theres been many of em but none the less). Ill be pacing around in front of the tv tomorrow as well. I hate to be involved so emotionally.
 

newbie original

We apologize for keeping the yellow too long
Yellow Card
I wonder if finally Xabi Alonso gets in. Is Senna questionable for the game or is he fully fit?
 

Sevillista

Starting XI
newbie original;2542419 said:
I wonder if finally Xabi Alonso gets in. Is Senna questionable for the game or is he fully fit?
He's been quoted as saying "If I can play, I will" and "I think I will be okay for the match." So.... there's that. I think he will play, and if he doesn't I'd rather have Cazorla in there. What a blow it will be to lose Senna though... his work in the midfield has been unreal this tournament.
 

teccomin

Youth Team
This is something I copied from another forum, and someone was sharp to notice this interesting scenario:

If Russia beat Spain in the semifinal and beats Germany in the final, they would have avenged every single Euro final they had lost in one tournament.

Spain 1964
FINAL Spain 2-0 USSR

Belgium 1972
FINAL West Germany 3-0 USSR

West Germany 1988
FINAL Netherlands 2-0 USSR
 

OrgulloVikingo

Senior Squad
teccomin;2542487 said:
This is something I copied from another forum, and someone was sharp to notice this interesting scenario:

If Russia beat Spain in the semifinal and beats Germany in the final, they would have avenged every single Euro final they had lost in one tournament.

Spain 1964
FINAL Spain 2-0 USSR

Belgium 1972
FINAL West Germany 3-0 USSR

West Germany 1988
FINAL Netherlands 2-0 USSR

Interesting. I have agreat feeling about us. First time Ive ever had it. I think we are destined for the trophy.
 

MaestroZidane

YELLOW CARD: Untrustworthy
very happy for the Spanish NT to have gotten passed their quaterfinal ordeal. Unfortunately, I feel Russia have what it takes to take this game.
 


Top