This game is losing ground---fast!

mrj7ake

Youth Team
Do you know that by this time last year and the year before that there were so many patches, updates, kits, adboards, sounds, flags-- basically more user created enhancements to this game but this year... This game is losing ground very very fast! Its a shame. I guess people either don't mod anymore, grown up or left FIFA all together.

Too bad. I guess this would be my last year with FIFA (at least on the pc) because I doubt them ever making this game worth while again on the pc and I guess even moding gets old after a while especially since it the same year after year. Not so much of a challenge anymore...

It was fun at times. I enjoyed the moders and their great improvements to the game. but that is all history now.

Thanks for the memories...I've been with FIFA since Sega Genesis days (1994?) and now I think I'm turning Japanese :rockman:
 

Interista13

Starting XI
Mate, the game has bearely been out, and we have a year to go until the same game with a different name comes out. if we would create everything in a few weeks, what would be the point?

Just be patient.
 

amifla

Reserve Team
Interista13;2417279 said:
Mate, the game has bearely been out, and we have a year to go until the same game with a different name comes out. if we would create everything in a few weeks, what would be the point?

Just be patient.


I'm Agree. Just be patient
The Best Coming Soon. RINALDO'S TOOLS and OckHAM'S CEP :clapwap:
 

mrj7ake

Youth Team
I doubt it... There is a big thread about this on here... He said alot of interesting things.

My main point that by this time last year there was much greater buzz around these forums and many other forums about this game. This year its plainly non existent. That was my point. You will always have moders to any game or anything that has to do with technology but that sense of intrest and caring about FIFA was so much more.

Davidmende, you are a veteran, I know you know what I'm talking about!
 

Help?

Fan Favourite
Exactly, you look at the hype generated for Fifa 2008 and then compare it to Fifa 2001, 2002, 2003, its no where near the same. This game is definietly falling off and PES is definietly gaining fans.
 

davidmende

Starting XI
I just asked because lately i haven´t been around, and if it is so... this game without CM08 is almost dead. it´s a shame ...
 

amifla

Reserve Team
Rinaldo came back soon. Please, visit his site on Sweetpatch.
This is all ready clear. Just be patient.(Y)

Fifa 08 is the best Football ever. Pes suck!
 

mrj7ake

Youth Team
amifla;2417485 said:
Rinaldo came back soon. Please, visit his site on Sweetpatch.
This is all ready clear. Just be patient.(Y)

Fifa 08 is the best Football ever. Pes suck!

I guess you didn't really read/understand what was said. Yes, he will be back but at what capacity?

If all you guys are hanging on Rinaldo's to save this game then you have a problem. This thread is not about one modder but on a community of enthused FIFA modders (RIP).
 

=Ultra=

Youth Team
Fifa08 is a pile of crap in a box and limited to 265kb fifa.fat file, just enough to add a few stadiums and maybe a few teams... not worth the effort. I won't be making anything for it and so are a lot of other people it seems.
 

TheCreeper

Youth Team
mrj7ake;2417276 said:
Do you know that by this time last year and the year before that there were so many patches, updates, kits, adboards, sounds, flags-- basically more user created enhancements to this game but this year... This game is losing ground very very fast! Its a shame. I guess people either don't mod anymore, grown up or left FIFA all together.

Too bad. I guess this would be my last year with FIFA (at least on the pc) because I doubt them ever making this game worth while again on the pc and I guess even moding gets old after a while especially since it the same year after year. Not so much of a challenge anymore...

It was fun at times. I enjoyed the moders and their great improvements to the game. but that is all history now.

Thanks for the memories...I've been with FIFA since Sega Genesis days (1994?) and now I think I'm turning Japanese :rockman:


Dude, us in the USA didn't even get the game until today.
 

arayas

Youth Team
TheCreeper;2417745 said:
Dude, us in the USA didn't even get the game until today.

Why?!? Why spend money on this piece of s**t?
FIFA08 is 90% FIFA07. The rest of 10% are the bad things from 07 translated in a bigger bad things in 08.
I have modded my FIFA07 aaaaaaaaall the way I imagine, just hoping, BIG HOPE, that I never need to do this in 08. I was hoping that 08 will be SOMETHING ELSE. It is? Noooo.
1. When CPU decides that is time to score, you must be blind not to see the moment: your players becomes stuuuupid, your passing is awful and a 5 star team becomes a bunch of idiots. In FIFA08 is the same.
2. In final matches you will see most anonimous teams and the 4-5 stars teams it's getting out from the tournaments in the first or second round. Same in a league. In 08-same.
3. the gameplay, ha, ha, is not a gameplay. 08-the same.
4. the shooting is poor, even you have a 99 player. The goalkeepers are making a real Benny Hill show. Just the music is missing. 08-the same.
5. the level of dificulty is operating in the same way. You are against a half star team or a 5 star team - no diference. You don't get to touch the ball.
6....7....8....9....

So, to give an answer to mrj7ake there is no interes to mod the FIFA08 just to transform the game in to a new/old FIFA07. Because this is what we obtain: the same FIFA game, even less good.


BE A PRO...a joke. Yes, is a normal game but you have just one player to control. How hard! Daah!
 

Help?

Fan Favourite
arayas;2417897 said:
Why?!? Why spend money on this piece of s**t?
FIFA08 is 90% FIFA07. The rest of 10% are the bad things from 07 translated in a bigger bad things in 08.
I have modded my FIFA07 aaaaaaaaall the way I imagine, just hoping, BIG HOPE, that I never need to do this in 08. I was hoping that 08 will be SOMETHING ELSE. It is? Noooo.
1. When CPU decides that is time to score, you must be blind not to see the moment: your players becomes stuuuupid, your passing is awful and a 5 star team becomes a bunch of idiots. In FIFA08 is the same.
2. In final matches you will see most anonimous teams and the 4-5 stars teams it's getting out from the tournaments in the first or second round. Same in a league. In 08-same.
3. the gameplay, ha, ha, is not a gameplay. 08-the same.
4. the shooting is poor, even you have a 99 player. The goalkeepers are making a real Benny Hill show. Just the music is missing. 08-the same.
5. the level of dificulty is operating in the same way. You are against a half star team or a 5 star team - no diference. You don't get to touch the ball.
6....7....8....9....

So, to give an answer to mrj7ake there is no interes to mod the FIFA08 just to transform the game in to a new/old FIFA07. Because this is what we obtain: the same FIFA game, even less good.


BE A PRO...a joke. Yes, is a normal game but you have just one player to control. How hard! Daah!

My thoughts, exactly.
 

Interista13

Starting XI
Also, my thoughts exactly as well

There is just no point in paying a full price for a game soley with some squad updates and kit updates as well.

And that is why I stick with FIFA 07 :)
 

jantcuad

Youth Team
The only reason there aren't that many patches so far, is that Fifa on PC is loosing fans. There is a better graphic and more exciting gameplay in three other platforms.

I agree Fifa is loosing fans... but only PC fans. On the other hand is gaining **** load of fans for PS3, xbox360 and even for Wii.

Nobody cares about current gen any more
 

davidmende

Starting XI
That´s so true, especially when you see the videos froms the NG platforms (XBOX 360, PS3); The PC version looks like crap, you can avoid to compare.
 

Interista13

Starting XI
Yeah but guys, EA may be gaining a lot of fans in NG, and Konami is gaining a sh!tload of fans for PC...you guys all should join us...hehe...
 

Y0DaddyAlex

Youth Team
when EA decided to concentrate only on the console versions instead of the PC, who is surprised? I picked up FIFA 08 for the Xbox 360 and enjoy it a lot for many new features and the feel, but if I want a complete game, I will go back to the edited fifa 07 for the PC
 


Top