Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 03:12:AM   #131
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Back Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Mostly has been an uneventful year with Roma... We're 6th and climbing, but I took over the team when they were in a pretty big hole, so despite the improvement the goal to qualify for the CL seems far-fetched.

That said, this is so far the best result I've accomplished in the season.

Juve is running away with the title; I think they have something like 58 points through 24 games and about 10 points clear from second place. I utterly dominated them in their arena.

Maybe a sign that things are taking a turn for the better? I can only hope.

I'm also in the final of Coppa Italia. I have no ******* idea why I'm only good at getting results in cup games. It's baffling.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Back Door Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:09:PM   #132
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Back Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowBack Door Skip is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
So yesterday I finally get to the final of the Coppa Italia. I pull off one of the greatest escapes of domination with a narrow win...

I was happy because it has otherwise been a terrible season... I had to leave the house, and I left the game on. I came back and the computer crashed without me saving.

Of course, when I replay it I got dominated again...

Pretty sure this season can't possibly get any worse.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Old 11-04-2012, 07:55:PM   #133
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiptomylou View Post
I'm also in the final of Coppa Italia. I have no ******* idea why I'm only good at getting results in cup games. It's baffling.
You're the Mexican Avram Grant

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:31:PM   #134
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Pretty much. Aside from the two Ukrainian PL titles all I've won have been ******* domestic cups.

So last season was so bad I decided to not even show the table. I didn't get sacked, though. Instead I was rewarded with a large sum of money to use to scrap this ****ty team and buy a new one.

First signing was this guy I had my eye on since last season, but due to the stupid limit on non EU players, it was blocked. Stupid ******* rule.

Danielle De Rossi finally retired, so to fill in his void, I signed this guy:

I needed fullbacks badly, so I got these two:

This guy is older, but of all the players I scouted, this was the only decent left back willing to join that wasn't out of my reach.

Another midfielder because I got rid of almost all of them:

This guy reminds me of the striker I had at Schalke, which happens to have his same last name...

And then this guy on a free:

In hindsight it was a bad signing because it blocked me from this stud Brazilian from Bremen but he's useful enough.

For the future:

I need a left winger since Mata is leaving on a free, so I'd like to have one waiting in the wings... and I could use a right winger because my dickhead starting winger decided to keep bitching and I granted his transfer request.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Old 16-04-2012, 12:42:PM   #135
Alex
sKIp_E

Alex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowAlex is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz View Post
You're the Mexican Avram Grant
I was thinking Rafa during his Liverpool reign

Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 03:18:PM   #136
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Except no Europe glory.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Old 16-04-2012, 06:45:PM   #137
Nimreitz

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
You're not in any job long enough to taste European glory. You need to build a squad and have them grow as a team. That said, I ******* love reading about this journeyman game and hope you eventually make the jump to Barcelona or Man U.

Old 17-04-2012, 04:18:PM   #138
Back Door Skip
Pedro

In the quarters of the Europa League, I happen to draw the team that brought me my first trophy and the team's first trophy...

When I arrived there I was received with a warm welcome.

Unfortunately for the Dnipro faithful, that was all there was to cheer about.

I had seen that AC Milan beat Fenerbache 2-0 meaning it was more than likely to be paired up against them in the semis, which I wasn't looking forward to. They've been a major pain in the ass and I haven't yet beat them (except that time I beat them but didn't save...)

Then I see this:

Onto the semis!

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Old 17-04-2012, 07:02:PM   #139
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Finals!

And of course, in the league I'm in a huge slump and what looked like title contention the whole way now looks like I'll have to battle for the last CL spot...

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Old 17-04-2012, 11:45:PM   #140
Nimreitz

How many CL Spots in Italy? Good cup run though, Avramo.

Old 18-04-2012, 12:28:AM   #141
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Three I think? I'll find out in a bit.

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Old 18-04-2012, 01:09:AM   #142
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Three it is. Anyway, I was mostly 1st and 2nd throughout the first half of the and maybe up to 2/3ths of the season then ******* Juventus decided to run the table and win it again!

Sig courtesy of Tosiek
Old 18-04-2012, 01:31:AM   #143
Back Door Skip
Pedro

Sig courtesy of Tosiek