Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2014, 03:40:AM   #53
Mus
YELLOW CARD: Untrustworthy

Mus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Mus
Is Xavi headed there too?
Old 18-01-2014, 10:08:AM   #54
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele
I don't think so.

Charlotte's USL Pro franchise rights were sold to the group that runs the lacrosse team in town, the current club will "self-relegate" to the PDL next year to continue their Christian mission. That could be neat.
genius
Best Poster of the Year 2008
Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
Best Greenlandic Member 2005
ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 09:58:PM   #55
Chacarita Juniors
The artist formerly known as ronnifan9

Chacarita Juniors has a spectacular aura aboutChacarita Juniors has a spectacular aura aboutChacarita Juniors has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
Tijuana beat America, first time they've ever done that.
I believe it's the 2nd time.

I have a question. Expansion team in SD? Impossible or damn near impossible? I figure LA getting Chivas USA pretty much killed our chances...

Chivas USA franchise relocated and renamed...not likely either?

I guess if push comes to shove, I'll have to slowly get acclimated with the idea that Xolos is my local club...which I actually wouldn't mind but truthfully, SD Sockers are the pride and joy of our towns soccer history. Xolos are vastly popular and their fan base here grows stronger by the day.

Any comment or opinion will be appreciated.
Old 23-01-2014, 10:11:PM   #56
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele
It's always possible, I suppose, but I think NASL would be more likely. Phoenix would probably be the most likely landing spot for a new MLS team in the southwest. A complete reboot of Chivas USA into something more SD-centric might be the best option for San Diego to get into MLS but I'm not sure Chivas would sell. I personally think a move to East LA (by having Weingart fixed up) would be best for them as they'd stay in Los Angeles and be out of the Galaxy's shadow.

The Xolos thing makes it a unique situation.
genius
Old 24-01-2014, 02:26:AM   #57
Mus

Mus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud ofMus has much to be proud of
A MLS team should pick up Del Piero and Trezeguet, they will both be available
Old 24-01-2014, 05:36:AM   #58
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Sir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus View Post
Montreal likes aging Italians and it is also the most European-style place for aging Italians to live - ADP should go there.

Sir Didier Drogba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 02:42:PM   #59
zlojack
Starting XI

zlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pele
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus View Post
Apparently, we (Toronto) kicked those tires a while back, but he ended up going to Australia. I'm not sure if Montreal would take a look, as they already have Di Vaio and Nesta didn't exactly pan out for them. How did ADP do in Oz?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Didier Drogba View Post
Montreal likes aging Italians and it is also the most European-style place for aging Italians to live - ADP should go there.
Yeah, Montreal has some Euro-style until winter hits . Then it's about the same weather as Norway. I'd love for Montreal to continue to load up on fragile, aging Italians
Old 24-01-2014, 05:58:PM   #60
Mus

He did great in the second worst team in the league, I don't think they ever won more than one match without him, he has missed a few games with injury but its down to being hacked all game long by amateurs he creates heaps of chances still though
Old 24-01-2014, 06:00:PM   #61
Bobby
The Legend

Wouldn't exactly help remove the "retirement league" stereotype they're working hard to rid themselves of though.
genius
Old 24-01-2014, 06:09:PM   #62
Mus

He single handedly increased attendances at every match he played though and I'd assume it would have a similar effect over there
Old 24-01-2014, 06:20:PM   #63
Bobby
The Legend

Cosmos should sign him. They have the money, apparently.
genius
Old 24-01-2014, 06:29:PM   #64
zlojack
Starting XI

zlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pele
I wonder how the A-League compares to MLS. ADP's game would probably work up here, as he relies on smart football, positioning and the ability to find a pass and take a chance, so his physical attributes can deteriorate and he can still perform. A perfect example would be Guillermo Barros Schelotto at Columbus, who was slow as molasses and not very strong, but still had all of his ball control, vision and passing ability. He was great for them (and that's tough for me to say).
Old 24-01-2014, 06:41:PM   #65
Mus

He's been great at winning freekicks and penalties just by positioning himself between the ball and the tackle at the last moment. I'd say physically they would be similar leagues but the MLS would be light years ahead technically and tactically. Probably the best news for the a league is Manchester city purchasing melbourne heart, renaming them to melbourne city and turning them into an academy team. At the moment players like James troisi can come here and instantly be one of the best in the league whereas I think hed be one of the better players in the mls but definitely no star

Last edited by Mus; 24-01-2014 at 06:45:PM.
Mus is offline   Reply With Quote