After using PS for 30-60 mins, it suddenly gets slower and slower. It lags big time, even if I just try to use the marquee tool or crop tool.
If I close it down and restart it, it works smooth again... until it starts to lag again after 30-60 min.
I am working on files less than 50 MB.
I have another 15+ year old computer with windows 32-bit running PS CC14 without any lags at all.
I've been searching the web and found possible solutions that did NOT
: Windows 7 Pro 64bit (Running on a SSD disk).
: AMD FX 3,5GHz
: Radeon R9 8GB
So far I have tried the following:
- Tried PS CC 14, 15, and 17 .. They all give the same problem.
- Changed scratch disks to 3 other disks (NOT the same as PS is running from).
- Switched between ALL the GPU options under "Performance" in PS, and even tried to disable it.
- Adjusted memory usage up or down. It doesn't matter.
- Updated GPU drivers and OS.
- Turned off Rulers.
- Used the "Purge" to clear cache.
Funny thing is that I can use other Video
editing software (not Adobe) where I edit movies at 5-7 GB
, and there is NO
lagging. Then if I try to edit 4-5 still images in Photoshop, it lags :-p hehe.. this is confusing me.