Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 2.56 average. Display Modes
Old 24-08-2012, 10:55:AM   #40
Xifio
The Von Trapps

Xifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for Xifio
haha ... uhhh, I'm clearly ignoring the last 2 seasons ... duh!

---
EDIT: alright, thinking about it some more, and here's a more serious reply:

I see why I had the impression that Serie A had done better, even in the last 2 seasons ...

firstly, all qualified teams progressed from the group ... last season, that didn't just make it more Italian teams in the knockouts than German; that made it more Italian teams in the knockouts than any other league ...

next point: yes, both seasons, a German team went further ... but Bayern are the only German team for who wouldn't be shock champions if they won the damn competition; not true about the Italian teams ...

Schalke's run was an anomaly ... Inter have been a mismanaged club since Mou left, and their Jekyll/Hyde flip-flop showed up when they beat Bayern in the First Knockout, and then conceded 5 at home to Schalke in the quarters ... Inter also failed to beat Marseille last season, once again due to managerial malaise ...

Napoli progressed from the Group of Death, and showed their quality; but, for some bizarre reason, after that 3-1 victory against Chelsea, they went on a downward spiral both at home and in Europe, resulting in being knocked out in the second leg, and failure to qualify for the Champions League ... it was a surprise that they lost, after looking so good so far in the competition, against genuinely world class teams ...

Milan and Bayer Leverkeusen both played and lost to Barcelona ... but one team gave the defending Champions a scare (the Italian team, in the return group match), and one team got trounced, conceding 7 goals in one leg, and 10 goals over the tie ...
---

let's focus on the second part of my post: 2 years isn't 5 years, and the disparity in the Europa League during that period is much greater ... [surely?]

ok, now an important stat: Champions League Winners in the last decade:

Serie A: 3
La Liga: 3
Prem: 3
Bundesliga: 0

Last edited by Xifio; 24-08-2012 at 11:39:AM.
Xifio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 11:27:AM   #41
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
I would not contend that the Bundesliga was superior to any of those leagues over the course of the last decade. Nor have I. The Bundesliga is NOW better, and has been for a few years, which is plain for anyone to see.

If you want to go there, 2010 was about even except for Inter triumphing over Bayern in the Final. 2009 no Italian club made the Quarter Finals, Bayern did. 2008 only 1 team from either nation made the Quarter Finals: Schalke and Roma, who went out to Barca and Man U respectively. All of this with a 1 team advantage for Italy. You can't pretend like Italy has been good, it has suffered tremendously since calciopoli, as it should have. In the last 5 years, only one Italian team has even made the Semi Finals.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Last edited by Nimreitz; 24-08-2012 at 11:35:AM.
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 11:41:AM   #42
Xifio
The Von Trapps

Xifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for Xifio
sorry, I added an edit to my previous post while you were responding ... I think it addresses most of your points ...

Xifio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 11:52:AM   #43
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
You can't try to excuse Inter from beating Bayern in 2011. That scoreline was ridiculously against the run of play, not to mention Bayern were in full on crisis meltdown mode and it was announced a week before the second leg that van Gaal would not be retained for next season. Nevertheless, it wasn't a good Inter team and Schalke very very deservedly beat them. Schalke's run seems anomalous, but it was a talented team if lacking in depth (showed by its horrible league finish). They were more talented than Inter IMO. Raul, Huntelaar, Farfan, Howedes in the form of his life, Papadopoulos, Matip, Uchida in the form of his life, Neuer in the form of his life (that's really saying something). It was a good team. Arguably better than any Italian XI in 2011. I know you'll disagree because of Zlatan's cock tickling your disagreement nerve in the back of your throat.

Old 25-08-2012, 02:47:PM   #44
4ndr3i
SG's van Bommel

4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now4ndr3i is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now

Great goals from both Reus and Gotze. Jeez, €17m for Reus was probably one of the best deals Dortmund ever made.

" The angels ain't singing to your tune no more, don't move too fast, move it slow...
Cuz one day you're here, Next thing you know, everything you used to move don't move no mo'! "
2013 DRAFT CHAMPION
4ndr3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 03:45:PM   #45
Azrael
www.jewsforjesus.org

Azrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant futureAzrael has a brilliant future
To be fair that was some horrible defending for Reus' goal. Amateur stuff. Thought it was interesting that De Bruyne played up top, could only catch the first half hour of the match, but I doubt it suited him.

Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 06:00:PM   #46
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
The Polish guy and Reus look like brothers.
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 07:10:PM   #47
Deisler
Red Card [Being a douche] exp. 22/1/06

Deisler is a name known to allDeisler is a name known to allDeisler is a name known to allDeisler is a name known to allDeisler is a name known to allDeisler is a name known to all
Which Polish guy? You gotta be more specific that that, BVB is full of Poles
Deisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 07:12:PM   #48
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Dzordzezeuk
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 08:23:PM   #49
Sir Calumn

Not a bad start for my beloved Die Roten, 2-2 against one of the leagues stronger opponents!
Old 26-08-2012, 09:57:PM   #50
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Goals from 2 guys I have literally never heard of in my life. Not even FM.

Old 26-08-2012, 10:07:PM   #51
Sir Calumn

Ah well unlike me you're not a dedicated lifelong Hannover fan
Old 27-08-2012, 01:11:AM   #52
Arnau
NGR LVR

Arnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as Pele
De Bruyne false 9 against BvB