This site is sponsored by Southfield Carpet Cleaners located in Southfied Michigan. If you're looking for the best carpet cleaning SouthField, MI be sure to check them out. They offer full service carpet cleaning as well as upholstery cleaning at great prices.
Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum

View Poll Results: What will happen to Leicester?
They will be relegated in the next 3 years 3 20.00%
They will compete for the title again 1 6.67%
They will become a mid table team and their star players will leave 10 66.67%
They will win the Champions league within 3 years 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-04-2016, 05:35:AM   #1
Pogba4Now
Yellow Card :: Exp. 17/05/14 :: Slowing Azrael's PC

Pogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Pogba4Now Send a message via Skype™ to Pogba4Now
What will happen to Leicester City after this season?

Leicester are (almost) EPL champions, will get some money from winning the title and will get considerable amount of money in the Champions league.

The last time a team other than Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal won the league was Blackburn in 1994/95. 4 seasons later, they were relegated.

Will Leicester be able to stay in the top 5 consistently? Will they attract more stars or will their star players like Vardy, Kante or Mahrez leave?
Old 28-04-2016, 07:08:AM   #2
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele
They'll sink, but not to the depths they were at before. They'll around Southampton or West Ham's level, which isn't bad at all. I think the improved TV contract is going to change the order of things a lot and you'll get more clubs breaking up the old order for time to time. Though Chelsea and City will certainly improve next season.

I don't think Vardy will leave though, he's not young and a lot of his game is based on pace which will suppress demand for him. Plus he's an icon at Leicester now.

Spurs will be the team to watch next year.

Btw, thanks for reminding me that Arsenal is basically the answer to a trivia question now .
genius
Best Poster of the Year 2008
Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
Best Greenlandic Member 2005
ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 12:33:PM   #3
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Sir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Speaking of trivia, since Arsenal last won the title every single English league club has changed their manager at least once, except Arsenal.

I don't know exactly what will happen to Leicester, I would expect the combination of money and CL football to allow them to make some decent signings this summer, even if some players do also leave. Of course, these days just signing any old good players isn't enough, and the scouts will need to make sure they find the right fits for the club and it's ethos. I would expect them to fall back - every club will go at them next year and they are a small, tight and one would thing momentum dependent club, but who knows, they have defied all expectations when people have predicted them to 'fall back' so far this season. Unless they are absolutely decimated in the transfer window I would be very surprised if they finished any lower than upper mid table.

In terms of long term future, it is very hard to predict how any EPL team will be in 4 years time, I imagine if you had told Villa fans they would be relegated four years ago they would have laughed at you, but with the right decisions there is no reason why they can't survive and even become an Everton or Southampton style side. With amazing decisions maybe even a bit better than that.

Sir Didier Drogba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 05:23:PM   #4
Bobby
The Legend

Bobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as PeleBobby is nearly as awesome as Pele
The fourth and fifth longest serving managers in the Premier League are Pellegrini, who's gone this summer, and Martinez, who finds himself under fire. Howe is the second longest tenured, he's been at Bournemouth for 3 1/2 years, Hughes is third.

Leicester would be smart to take the Burnley approach and invest this windfall (even though Burnley's came in a completely different fashion!) into their training and academy facilities. That will help them recruit and produce better prospects down the road.
genius
Best Poster of the Year 2008
Most Original Poster of the Year 2008
The Most Intelligent Member of the Year 2008
Best Thread of the Year Crouch Named England Captain 2008
Best Greenlandic Member 2005
ARAB Award for Best Overall Poster
Used longest word in SG history "Brobdingnagian"
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 08:10:AM   #5
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
I don't know what Leicester can do, but I think they should go the other way and invest in overseas scouting to keep this train of cheap foreign talent rolling in. I really don't know how many players they are going to develop from a place like Leicester. They should also bump wages next year and make a could moderate signings just to attempt a run at the CL and another top 4 finish. I think it would be foolish to break up Premier League Champions if you can hold onto them. They players ought to know that their value really won't tank after one more season, so why not venture into the Champions League with Leicester for an encore. If it doesn't work out, then make your big money move.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 09:40:AM   #6
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Sir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Yeah but that's not true, you know how fickle the world of football is, some of those players are hot properties now but that could nosedive very quickly if next season doesn't go well. Remember Harry Kane went a few games without scoring at the beginning of this season and was already labelled a 'one season wonder'. Of course there will always be clubs wanting to buy the likes of Mahrez and Kante, but the really big clubs they have been linked to like Barca and PSG aren't gonna wait around, and aren't gonna maintain their interest for long if next season goes south. Of course, I would question whether a move to a club like that would be in the best interests of either player, but it must surely be tempting.

With regards to what Leciester should do, it's hard to say, other than focus on overseas talent, which is what you suggest. Clubs like Porto who rely on spotting cheap overseas talent which other clubs miss seem to have no problem replacing their stars when big teams poach them for big money, Leciester need to learn from that, and there is so much goodwill towards them at the moment they could probably send their scouts out to some of those European clubs for some free tips.

Next season, well, the inclination would be not to change the squad too radically, because it has been a tight, committed squad who know and love each other which has got them this far and which has been so successful, with certain player performing well above their supposed ability - BUT, they were quite lucky to get through this season without major injuries, and it's unlikely they will have that luck again, in addition to the fact they will be playing in an additional, major competition. Ranieri hinted at trying to bring specific CL experience to the dressingroom, saying that they may ask Totti to come if Roma don't renew his contract, and that doesn't seem a bad idea even though there is a risk he will try to take over the club. It's hard to justify dropping any of the players in the first 11 which got them here, however, if they do sign some stars - and to predict how it will affect team spirit.

Old 30-04-2016, 05:03:PM   #7
Arnau
NGR LVR

Arnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as Pele
It will depend on how they spend the cash this summer, its not easy to find another Mahrez, Kante and Vardy...
Old 30-04-2016, 06:04:PM   #8
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
See, aside from Kante and Mahrez, I don't think a lot of their players will be in high demand, and even if they are why wouldn't someone like Drinkwater want to stick around and take Leicester into the Champions League. Kante and Mahrez won't see their demand drop, so they should stay for one more year and as you said they will be nearly impossible to replace, so Leicester would do well to give them big boosts in pay and add very high release clauses that kick in next summer, or even if Leicester fail to qualify for the CL.

I actually don't know if Vardy is all that great; they had one of their best recent results without him and I think he's replaceable especially for a Champions League side.

Old 30-04-2016, 06:17:PM   #9
Arnau
NGR LVR

Arnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as PeleArnau is nearly as awesome as Pele
Vardy was a +20 goals forward this season, its not easy to find that...
Old 30-04-2016, 06:21:PM   #10
Arnau
NGR LVR

If i were Vardy and Leicester offered me a similar contract to whats he is probably getting leaving the ckub, i'd stay. I think in Leicester he find his place in football and i'm afraid he might be a one hit wonder.

Edit: Ben Arfa or Musonda would be good replacements for Mahrez i think.

Last edited by Arnau; 30-04-2016 at 06:25:PM.
Arnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:56:PM   #11
Pogba4Now
Yellow Card :: Exp. 17/05/14 :: Slowing Azrael's PC

Pogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Pogba4Now Send a message via Skype™ to Pogba4Now
Leicester are 1 point from the relegation zone so the first option in this poll may be a possibility.

Option 4 is still a possibility.

Vardy and Mahrez have left their magic.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:12:PM   #12
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

I think they are going down. Several of the clubs around them really seem to be getting their shit together. You can make a good case for Hull, Swansea and Sunderland all staying up which means someone else has to go down. They look despondent and are unlikely to get a CL boost against Sevilla. I wonder if Mahrez and some of the others will hold their value. I wonder if they will make the almost unthinkable decision to fire Ranieri and bring in a crisis handler to try and save the season.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:09:PM   #13
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

As it stands right now, I also think they are going down. They need to sack Ranieri, which is crazy, but necessary just to stay in the Premiership.