This site is sponsored by Southfield Carpet Cleaners located in Southfied Michigan. If you're looking for the best carpet cleaning SouthField, MI be sure to check them out. They offer full service carpet cleaning as well as upholstery cleaning at great prices.
Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 10-09-2016, 02:53:AM   #638
Pogba4Now
Yellow Card :: Exp. 17/05/14 :: Slowing Azrael's PC

Pogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Pogba4Now Send a message via Skype™ to Pogba4Now
All 4 matchups will have to be done again?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Sorry on my phone and away didnt see the posts on the last page.

Last edited by Pogba4Now; 10-09-2016 at 02:56:AM.
Pogba4Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:59:AM   #639
Pogba4Now

Pogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Why the fuck did you make voting for 3 obligatory? It never was before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was only for the group that had 5 teams total. Remember, there were 13 teams this year. 16 would have made more sense and would make it simpler if we could get 3 more managers.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2016, 03:03:AM   #640
Pogba4Now

My team name is the Sons of Pitches. Or son of a pitch. Whichever one you prefer.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:11:AM   #641
chygry
RED CARD - Discriminatory language

chygry is just really nicechygry is just really nicechygry is just really nicechygry is just really nice
lol. And now there's nobody even voting or saying their opinions about the teams (which basically has already been done). When it comes to organazing something, you guys suck.

But hey! At least someone's gotta start.
chygry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:10:AM   #642
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Haha... yeah this is kind of fucked up.

Not every match will be replayed. As I wrote above only 2/4 will be re-done because they are new match-ups. The other 2 have been done exact so no reason to re-do them.

I didn't do the team names since so few teams didn't supply one. I probably should have for the few that have.... fuck.

The reason 3 was obligatory is because we've never done 13 teams in a competition before, and it's what made most sense to me. Imo it was a good choice but people fucked up.
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:57:AM   #643
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
Why the fuck did you make voting for 3 obligatory? It never was before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Being in a group of 5 would significantly lessen the odds that one would advance as a top 3rd place vote getter. I think it's more or less fair to guarantee that group a spot and have the other two groups fight it out on equal terms for the final knockout place. Now, why he made everyone vote for 3 instead of 2... I guess it just makes more sense if 3 are guaranteed to advance.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:20:AM   #644
chygry
RED CARD - Discriminatory language

chygry is just really nicechygry is just really nicechygry is just really nicechygry is just really nice
At this stage it sounds like the ones in command of making the Euros a 24-team tournament and trying to make the World Cup into a 40 team one are you guys lol.

All kidding aside, it's probably not the right thread for it, but still worthy of a discussion. What do you all think about those last Euros extended to 24 teams? Or has this all been discussed before?

IMO it really degraded the quality of the tournament a A LOT. When teams knew that basically 3 draws without winning a single match in the group stage was enough to advance, it fucked things up. Portugal for example who won the tournament eventually, didn't win a single of them. Two of their knock-out matches went to penalties if I'm not mistaken, and they beat Croatia by some Quaresma extra-time goal. So all in all they won the tournament just by winning two matches in the extra-time (including the final)? Sorry if I'm a little mistaken by some facts here, but the point remains the same.

Us as the spectators and fans of the sport want to see the most entertaining football as possible, let's be honest. Yeah okay it's good that "lesser" nations got a chance as well during the last Euros. But would anyone of you agree that you enjoyed Iceland or whatever team playing like them (reminiscent of Greece 2004) getting that far? It was nice to see Wales for example, lead by Bale and their whole systemized group reaching that far though.

When teams know that you don't really need to win any matches during the group stage and maintain a positive goal difference, then it leads to less interesting matches for a neutral individual. And in the end - football has become sort of an entertainment, so what I witnessed (at least me) was not enjoyable.

Me for example enjoyed Copa América Centenario a lot more than those Euros for example. The football that was being on display was more enthusiastic, intensive and energetic with end-to-end stuff being played at all times. I even woke up at bizarre hours at night (or didn't sleep at all) in order to watch those matches. There were so many quality ones compared to the Euros, not that the latter was completely shit either. Opinions vary though.

Remember when back in 2008, 2012 even, you had the best nations in the groups, and basically had no boring matches - since all of the teams knew they had to win at all costs and just not sit back and defend hoping that some draw gets them through. Also there were so many boring matches in the knock-out phase with them dragging on to penalties after 0-0.

Just felt like I had to get it out of my system.

Thoughts?

Last edited by chygry; 10-09-2016 at 06:22:AM.
chygry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 06:22:PM   #645
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Semis are posted
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 04:18:PM   #646
Juventino
Manager

Juventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud ofJuventino has much to be proud of
Time for the final!

2012 Draft Challenge Champion - FIFA
2014 Draft Challenge Champion

Juventino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 04:21:PM   #647
Sir Didier Drogba
Head Official

Sir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowSir Didier Drogba is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
A Juventino-Sir Didier showdown!

And is this the first final ever without Messi or Ronaldo?

Sir Didier Drogba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 11:24:PM   #648
Dytza
Banned - Playing with Fire

Dytza is a splendid one to beholdDytza is a splendid one to beholdDytza is a splendid one to beholdDytza is a splendid one to beholdDytza is a splendid one to beholdDytza is a splendid one to beholdDytza is a splendid one to behold
No. Last year too.

"He doesn't only have an eye for goal like a cyclops, centipedes go to bed dreaming of a left foot like his." - Ray Hudson
Dytza is offline   Reply With Quote