Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-04-2007, 11:36:AM   #27
goal_machine84
Senior Squad

goal_machine84 is just really nicegoal_machine84 is just really nicegoal_machine84 is just really nicegoal_machine84 is just really nicegoal_machine84 is just really nice
Brilliant goal

Thought i was watching my PES6 master league game

Awesome sig by $teauA
goal_machine84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 11:39:AM   #28
Tom
That Nice Guy

Tom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowTom is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan T View Post
Yeah, Getafe need to score own goals like against Croatia to be on that level.
Peter Reid would have chopped him.

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?

That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 11:53:AM   #29
Psyatika
Reserve Team

Psyatika is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Psyatika Send a message via AIM to Psyatika Send a message via MSN to Psyatika Send a message via Yahoo to Psyatika
I'm just waiting for the inevitable Nike "passing of the torch" advert going back and forth between the two goals (Messi's and Maradona's).

Will be a great advert when it comes out!
Psyatika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 12:18:PM   #30
ļאָ
Fan Favourite

ļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud ofļאָ has much to be proud of
Very nice. But it looks too similar to maradonas goal that was also scored on a game of much higher importance. Anyway top 10 stuff for this century so far.
I still like Ronaldinhos goal from 2005 more. It was nothing you've seen before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjzFwp0v4Qs
Old 19-04-2007, 12:49:PM   #31
JuventusForever
Reserve Team

JuventusForever is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to JuventusForever
Really is an amazing goal, I was going crazy on my couch when I saw it go in, but still World Cup>Spanish liga cup... Wouldn't go far and even crowning it goal of the year let alone the decade, you never know what is to come.
Old 19-04-2007, 01:02:PM   #32
RuiCosta_10
Starting XI

RuiCosta_10 is just really niceRuiCosta_10 is just really niceRuiCosta_10 is just really niceRuiCosta_10 is just really nice
out of this world! Oh my god! :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:

Look to Gudjohnsen after the goal!
RuiCosta_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 02:01:PM   #33
Jaouadinho
Senior Squad

Jaouadinho can only hope to improve
yeh good goal, but unfortanatlly after a few weeks everyone will forget about it as it was against getafe in the copa del rey, which some have never even heard of yet alone watched.

how ironic lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL6g_BRM7wg

Last edited by Jaouadinho; 19-04-2007 at 02:04:PM.
Jaouadinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 02:13:PM   #34
Dream Team
Starting XI

Dream Team is on a distinguished road
Unbelievable goal. Unreal.

Now nobody can complain when they call Messi the next Maradona.

Visca el Bara !!!!
Dream Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 03:18:PM   #35
Tizmo
Senior Squad

Tizmo is on a distinguished road
Amazing goal! Messi is seriously the best!
Old 19-04-2007, 04:00:PM   #36
zlojack
Starting XI

zlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pelezlojack is nearly as awesome as Pele
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyatika View Post
I'm just waiting for the inevitable Nike "passing of the torch" advert going back and forth between the two goals (Messi's and Maradona's).

Will be a great advert when it comes out!
Doubtful since Messi signed with Adidas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaouadinho View Post
yeh good goal, but unfortanatlly after a few weeks everyone will forget about it as it was against getafe in the copa del rey, which some have never even heard of yet alone watched.

how ironic lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL6g_BRM7wg
And the fact that Messi is a forward who was back chasing Kaka when he scored that goal somehow makes posting it relevant in this thread where we are discussing Messi's goal?

I agree that the stage wasn't as large as the WC, but Getafe are no slouch of a team. These are professional top-level football players, playing in a semi-final of a tournament that is important to them, and he went through them like a hot knife through butter.

I haven't seen another goal like that at this level of football in a long time...
Old 19-04-2007, 04:00:PM   #37
ShearerM4
Fan Favourite

ShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond reputeShearerM4 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to ShearerM4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaouadinho View Post

how ironic lol.
... What?

(edit: argh, Zlo got in before. My stupefaction at the silly post was more concise though).
Old 19-04-2007, 04:02:PM   #38
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
The resemblance with the Maradona goal is almost scary, certainly seeing it's scored by his successor

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 05:46:PM   #39
Sevillista
Starting XI

Sevillista is a name known to allSevillista is a name known to allSevillista is a name known to allSevillista is a name known to allSevillista is a name known to allSevillista is a name known to all
I would argue that a club like Getafe has a more resilient defence than a national team like England. This is nothing against England, it's just that club sides practice daily and play every week; the defenders have better understanding with each other. When a national team gets together it's hard to have that kind of cohesion on defence when they only practice together once in a great while and play matches even less.

I believe that most first-division teams in Europe could defeat the best of national teams.

I am the new Paul the Octopus
Sevillista is offline   Reply With Quote