Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Off Topic Forums > Soccer Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2016, 10:11:PM   #1
Pogba4Now
Yellow Card :: Exp. 17/05/14 :: Slowing Azrael's PC

Pogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Pogba4Now Send a message via Skype™ to Pogba4Now
Soccer boots recommendation

I have not played outdoor football in a very long time (played mostly futsal for years) but I will be playing football regularly now - once or twice a week.

I started last week with my very old Total 90 Nikes and at the end of the game, the left one broke.

These are the ones:

Any recommendations on durable boots? If it matters, I play different positions; fullback, central midfield and on the wings. My assets are speed, long balls and to some extent defending.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:15:PM   #2
Pogba4Now

Pogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to beholdPogba4Now is a splendid one to behold
Nike and Adidas brand their boots as the ‘Speed’ boot (e.g. mercurials), 'Control' boot, 'passing boot' etc but I don't buy into that marketing shit. They don't matter right? Is there a huge difference between Nike hypervenom or Mercurials? Not much difference I'm sure.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:21:PM   #3
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
It's really not a big deal. Get some generic, middle of the road, Adidas, possibly in a crazy color. Most of the expensive boots are light and thin, and you feel it every time you get kicked.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:58:AM   #4
Pogba4Now

Thanks. That's what I thought. I do not think lighter shoes make much of a difference in terms of performance.

I will buy these on sale:

60 Canadian dollars i.e. 45 USD.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:36:AM   #5
yoyo913
Yellow Card: Post 3623627

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
They look like shit.
yoyo913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:38:AM   #6
yoyo913

yoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowyoyo913 is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Old 06-06-2016, 04:38:AM   #7
yoyo913

Jk. When I bought my shoes, I just saw what was on sale.

I got some that were light.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:52:AM   #8
Pogba4Now

I don't care about how they look as long as its not pink. They look better than the old Total 90s I had. I Just want one which is cheap and durable. Where do you buy yours? The one I posted is from Sportchek.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:32:PM   #9
fender
Fan Favourite

fender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to beholdfender is a splendid one to behold
20 pounds for a decent boot, with most sizes available, shipping might jack up the price though.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/produ...te-34295.aspx?
Old 07-06-2016, 12:46:AM   #10
yoyo913

Quote:
Originally Posted by nady View Post
I don't care about how they look as long as its not pink. They look better than the old Total 90s I had. I Just want one which is cheap and durable. Where do you buy yours? The one I posted is from Sportchek.
I bought mine in the US when I happened to visit, cause the conversion was decent.

Yeah, Sportchek is usually where I get sneakers and such, however now in Toronto there's a local store that is slightly cheaper for name brands. I guess you gotta search in your area, but Sportchek might do it.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:37:AM   #11
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by nady View Post
Thanks. That's what I thought. I do not think lighter shoes make much of a difference in terms of performance.

I will buy these on sale:

60 Canadian dollars i.e. 45 USD.
You gotta buy flashy shoes, it's just one of the rules when you're older I think. As a kid I was a pretty workmanlike player, so I wore black and white boots, but now I'm one of the best players, so I have yellow highlighter shoes. They're just generic Adidas in a flashy color.

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:43:AM   #12
Pogba4Now

You mean something like that:

These too are available, same price, but I don't have the guts to wear them. The bright blue ones are flashy enough for me if you compare them to the dull black Total 90s I had.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:40:AM   #13
Pogba4Now

Found these soccer socks on Amazon. How cool. Would you wear these, Dan?