Soccer Gaming Forums
Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Rules User CP Tools Home

Go Back   Soccer Gaming Forums | FIFA Forums, FIFA Mods, Futball > Management Games > Football Manager Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 3.90 average. Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 02:02:AM   #664
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via ICQ to Nimreitz
No, actually I wish I had my own thread. I made one a few years ago and I think a few people said "that's what the screenshot thread is for", but I really just wanted one for my own game(s). I mean, it makes sense for cool random screenshots, but this forum doesn't get any traffic anymore, why not each of the regulars have their own thread?

Thomas Muller: "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant'

Last edited by Nimreitz; 01-12-2010 at 02:06:AM.
Nimreitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:30:AM   #665
Xifio
The Von Trapps

Xifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for Xifio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz View Post
why not each of the regulars have their own thread?
why not?

but for now, my odyssey with Zed continues here:

started off Africa Cup 2013 with 2 draws:

so, just like in real life in 2010, and in-game in 2012, Zed needs a win in the final game to progress:

and my Zedboys deliver!!

what an epic match!! what a finale!! 3 goals from minute 87-stoppage time ... fingers are still tingling a little ...

feels like 2010 in real life, where we went from the brink of being knocked out, to winning the group:

EDIT: ah, and I've just realized it's Nigeria up next in the quarters! (another similarity to 2010 ...)

anyway, I've managed to get my team to beat them Super Eagles before, so we can surely do it again ... now to revisit some tapes to see how exactly we did that, and see if it can be replicated ...

Last edited by Xifio; 01-12-2010 at 02:35:AM.
Xifio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:32:AM   #666
Filipower
Bunburyist

Filipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowFilipower is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Send a message via MSN to Filipower
Haha, 45+2, 46, 90+1 and 90+3! The Z men know how to dramatize!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:38:AM   #667
Xifio
The Von Trapps

Xifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for XifioXifio could be mistaken for Xifio
I know, right? all in the name of entertainment value, of course

Old 01-12-2010, 11:13:AM   #668
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Nimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for nowNimreitz is on Lord Azrael's good graces, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xifio View Post
feels like 2010 in real life, where we went from the brink of being knocked out, to winning the group:
Great feeling isn't it? LANDON DONOVAN!!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 10:32:PM   #669
Xifio
The Von Trapps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimreitz View Post
Great feeling isn't it? LANDON DONOVAN!!!!!!!!
the moments that make the sport f*cking exhilarating!!

EDIT:

---

knew we could do it again! not as comfortable as last time, but still a decent performance:

with half my squad missing for the semis against the CIV, it'll take a minor miracle to make history ... Gabon certainly have a better shot at producing the fairytale story of the cup:

Last edited by Xifio; 02-12-2010 at 01:28:AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:38:AM   #670
Xifio
The Von Trapps

no fairytale, but we did ourselves proud:

now, onto the 3rd round of WC qualifying:

this where qualis begin in earnest, and I think we have an outside shot in this group ... Uganda should be 2 wins in the bank ... we just beat Togo in that epic, so we're capable of getting the better of those two ties ... and Egypt are the ultimate chokers when it comes to WC qualifying in real life; don't know if the game engine will respect that record though

Old 02-12-2010, 07:54:AM   #671
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Tough group. And you have to win?

I imagine this round of WC Qualifying might be a throw away cycle. Get that FIFA Coefficient up through the African Cup of Nations and you'll be given a much more manageable seed next time.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:08:PM   #672
Xifio
The Von Trapps

yeah, have to win the group ... I think we have enough quality to pull off a draw against Egypt at home, but I don't think we can beat them -- actually, I expect it'll be about managing the goal difference factor against them, just in case that ends up being a factor ... but since the game engine is essentially "on paper", I'd expect Egypt to hardly drop any points, so this could be a formality ...

as for coefficients, we've been going up the rankings consistently ... 2012 QF, 2013 SF, and a good showing so far in the WC qualis ... it's been better than I initially expected ...

Old 03-12-2010, 07:36:AM   #673
Xifio
The Von Trapps

ok, you can throw all that AND realism too out the window ... Egypt couldn't even win 1 game; not even against Uganda, who they in fact lost to, and at home no less ...

EDIT:

on the one hand, I'm absolutely delighted to have qualified ... on the other hand, I can't help but feel unsatisfied, due to the game having Egypt perform so unrealistically ... whatever, I guess ...

Last edited by Xifio; 03-12-2010 at 07:44:AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:04:AM   #674
Nimreitz
Make America Great Again

Maybe you should have loaded more players? I don't know.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:17:PM   #675
Xifio
The Von Trapps

I wish the answer was that easy, man ... but I've got a monster desktop PC, so I have the largest database option loaded (as well as every major league playable, not just the elites) ... I'm going to have to attribute it to the algorithms containing some sort of "upset" condition -- both for the big teams to flop, and the minnows to overachive: like Gabon making the Africa Cup final, or Canada making the 2014 World Cup while the USA failed to do so ...

Old 03-12-2010, 06:09:PM   #676
Zlatan
Fan Favourite

Zlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud ofZlatan has much to be proud of
I've noticed that on club level too. In my Ajax game Groningen and AZ were my biggest concurrents for the title, while PSV was somewhere midtable and Twente was fighting relegation. And in my Atletico game Almeria finished 3rd in the league table.

"Mijn hart is rood zwart rood met drie witte kruisjes in het midden"
Zlatan is offline   Reply With Quote