Argentina vs. England {P & R}

pede54

Team Captain
garlei said:
Riquelme has been instrumental for Argentina today.
On the other hand most England players aren't playing to their full capacity, apart from Robinson.

Where's Lampard? and Owen?


Owen is the little bloke who scored the winner mate :read:

Luck did you say?....tell me HOW England won that game by luck...what was so lucky about it?
It was a great game played mostly with a good standard of fair play.Both sides played very well.I would not find faults with Argentina losing,and i wouldn't find faults with England winning.If the result was reversed,i would still feel the same.Anybody should after a game like that.
Great confidence booster for the guys and should go some way towards shutting up the newspapers at last,and of course any doubters who were convinced that after a couple of rough games,that we were finished.
Thanks to Argentina for a good clean game.....superb :rockman:
 

Axolote

Senior Squad
pede54 said:
Thanks to Argentina for a good clean game.....superb :rockman:

Yes, it was a very clean game from both teams, both show first class football...

England has a great keeper now...not like that James...

Who is that Crouch..?! he doesnt look like a football player...is he any good.?
 

El Diablo Rojo

Starting XI
Yes it was clean 'cuz the referee was correct. He didn't screw up in a single play, i still have the doubt if it was penalty against Cruz or not, it didn't seem so but they didn't bother with the replay. Weren't there many yellows for England though well deserved?

Never heard of that Kotcheski, is he any good? He didn't seem like a national team player. At moments it looked like England players never had played together or never played against a southamerican team.

Guess we'll hear about Sven coaching England for some more time now.(H)

Now as i said before to hear all the same **** we hear from the press and San Filipo when we lose a friendly.
 

Vagegast

Banned for Life [He likes P. Diddy]
 

pede54

Team Captain
actually you are partly correct.Koncheski.is a new boy to the squad.Also we were missing our right back(Neville) and our left back(Cole).So come the world cup we will be even stronger.

El Diablo......You support perhaps, one of the most historically,cynical,violent and cheating National sides ever to grace football stadiums around the world.For god sakes dont be a hypocrite man.The referee had a good game.He didn't get mugged by some of the Argentinian players behaviour.He was firm and fair.He didn't give a penalty because,as you know,it was not a penalty.Although i did see Sorin punch the ball towards the goal at one point,which Robinson saved i'm glad to say.I would not want to see another "Hand of God" thank you.It seems like old habits die hard for some people.Anyway,did the refereee book him for that?No he did not.The ref allowed the game to flow and he did well.So with your reference to yellow cards.Please do not pretend that Argentina were not just as competitive.Its just that Argentina perfected the art of winning yellow cards a long long time ago mate.
 

andy

Starting XI
pede54 said:
actually you are partly correct.Koncheski.is a new boy to the squad.Also we were missing our right back(Neville) and our left back(Cole).So come the world cup we will be even stronger.

El Diablo......You support perhaps, one of the most historically,cynical,violent and cheating National sides ever to grace football stadiums around the world.For god sakes dont be a hypocrite man.The referee had a good game.He didn't get mugged by some of the Argentinian players behaviour.He was firm and fair.He didn't give a penalty because,as you know,it was not a penalty.Although i did see Sorin punch the ball towards the goal at one point,which Robinson saved i'm glad to say.I would not want to see another "Hand of God" thank you.It seems like old habits die hard for some people.Anyway,did the refereee book him for that?No he did not.The ref allowed the game to flow and he did well.So with your reference to yellow cards.Please do not pretend that Argentina were not just as competitive.Its just that Argentina perfected the art of winning yellow cards a long long time ago mate.

The art of winning yellow cards? Sorin and Tevez got hit pretty hard as did Riquelme...Like Argentina is the only team that tries to get yellow cards? Anyways, lets end this thread in peace, both teams played a great game except that Argentina has a coach that has no common sense :nape:
 

El Diablo Rojo

Starting XI
pede54 said:
actually you are partly correct.Koncheski.is a new boy to the squad.Also we were missing our right back(Neville) and our left back(Cole).So come the world cup we will be even stronger.

El Diablo......You support perhaps, one of the most historically,cynical,violent and cheating National sides ever to grace football stadiums around the world.For god sakes dont be a hypocrite man.The referee had a good game.He didn't get mugged by some of the Argentinian players behaviour.He was firm and fair.He didn't give a penalty because,as you know,it was not a penalty.Although i did see Sorin punch the ball towards the goal at one point,which Robinson saved i'm glad to say.I would not want to see another "Hand of God" thank you.It seems like old habits die hard for some people.Anyway,did the refereee book him for that?No he did not.The ref allowed the game to flow and he did well.So with your reference to yellow cards.Please do not pretend that Argentina were not just as competitive.Its just that Argentina perfected the art of winning yellow cards a long long time ago mate.

Sorin's hand wasn't intentional guess if it would have been goal it would have not been called by the referee, also notice Sorin running away when Robinson faced him. And you are talking like the argentinians are the only ones that ever get violent, yeah try to make 1 or 2 goals the Nike smiles will turn into dirty fouls. Not to mention the african teams, who beat everybody else in dirty play.

Yeah get strong for the world cup, we'll be stronger.:rockman:
 

Axolote

Senior Squad
Vagegast said:


Your brain is working really bad...go and take some pills...

And the hardest fouls came from England...and the yellow cards were deserved...

BTW, when was the last time england won anything...? in 1966, right? Black and White, right...?

Hopefully we will meet again in the world cup...
 

TOON ARMY

Starting XI
Great to see Michael Owen come up with the goods.

That's what he's all about, he can be invisible in a game for 85 minutes and then come and hit you when you're least expecting it.

This friendly shows we can compete with the best, nothing less, nothing more however we all knew that before anyway. What frustrates us as England fans is that we rarely get that level of performance consistently, hopefully we can continue to play like this into the WC, if we do, we have as good a chance of winning the WC than any other nation with a bit of luck :)

EDIT: Thanks for spotting that out Kulixs ;)
 

Kulixs

Starting XI
TOON ARMY said:
Great to see Michael Owen come up with the goods.

That's what he's all about, he can be invincible in a game for 85 minutes and then come and hit you when you're least expecting it.
I think you meant "Invisible" (H)
 

Jimbob

Starting XI
Sorin's handball wasnt intentional? Are you fu/cking blind? Tevez and Sorin got fouled a lot? Yeah if you call someone walking behind you a foul...

Anyway, great game...Better result
 


Top