I'm gonna be a Dad!

Zlatan

Fan Favourite
So all you have to do to get a custom title and more rep is become a dad?

Man, in that case, I have to start working. (H)
 

MikeyM

Big Daddy
Tom;2857655 said:
Decided to change your custom title and give you some more rep. Ahh the (not particularly important) powers of being an Admin.

Wow, thanks! I'm "Big Daddy to be" until December though :) It can't come quick enough, I can't wait to hold him/her in my arms!

Can't come quick enough for Lizzie either - poor girl is getting a rough ride from junior.
 

Filipower

Bunburyist
Comfort her by telling her someday he'll move you two to a huge cottage in the country on his mega-salary at United (H)
 

MikeyM

Big Daddy
Thanks Tom, kinda felt it was tempting fate a little too much to call myself a fully fledged Dad! December can't come quick enough. :)
 

MikeyM

Big Daddy
Lizzie had her first checkup today, baby's due date is Dec 15th. Believe it or not, the anniversary of the party at which we got together (in 2001). Spooky huh!

Now she's seen the doctor it's starting to feel more real.
 
I dont know if you're aware or not but it will be a tough 8 months for you parents.. especially for the mom.. and I'm not talking about the physical thing, of course it depends on personality but she'll be more mental than ever.. and you'll have to be more caring, supportive etc.. it's my personal nightmare..
 

MikeyM

Big Daddy
Theodorakis;2860047 said:
I dont know if you're aware or not but it will be a tough 8 months for you parents.. especially for the mom.. and I'm not talking about the physical thing, of course it depends on personality but she'll be more mental than ever.. and you'll have to be more caring, supportive etc.. it's my personal nightmare..

Yeah, she's not having much fun with the symptoms - especially the sickness. Still I'm trying my best to be wonderful :innocent_smile_1:
 

MikeyM

Big Daddy
New Update.

Also I just wanted to say, I hope I'm not becoming boring with all these posts - It's actually really cool for me to go through each stage with you all!

Today Lizzie saw the midwife for the first time and got sh*tloads of information and books etc - plus a little card frame to put our baby's scan picture in (identical to the one my Sister in Law had shown us last week)

It's funny, but having seen that, it makes it seem more real to me! Lizzie's now got tablets for her Excorcist type morning sickness (poor girl) so now maybe she'll feel happier and be able to enjoy her pregnancy more.

Due date for Man Utd's newest fan is now Dec 22 (ish)
 

fender

Fan Favourite
MikeyM;2868200 said:
Lizzie's now got tablets for her Excorcist type morning sickness (poor girl) so now maybe she'll feel happier and be able to enjoy her pregnancy more.

Sorry can't help but laugh at the way you put it. Hopefully things get better for the Missus.
 

ShiftyPowers

Make America Great Again
Just checked your age on your profile, and I went from thinking "why!!?!!?" to "oh, that's cool then". Congrats man; maybe I'll be in your position in a few years. First I gotta find a nice little 19 year old though.

Only way I would POSSIBLY accept having a kid anytime soon would be if I happened to accidentally knock up a girl waaaaaay out of my league. In that case, I could probably handle it at my age, but otherwise hell no.
 

prockoop

Reserve Team
Nice Christmass present, congratulations. Hope your child will have acount there :).
And the most important: Have you done a facebook profile for he/she?!
 
i think it's like an invisible wall, having a baby.. you never know when you're gonna hit it.. and I'm not talking about accidental pregnancies :) .. I'm 27 and I have my job, I earn my money, have my own flat, have my own car, have a girlfriend who I thought hates children.. so I thought I am miles away from being a dad.. but I am not.. two years at best, I think.. and it scares me to hell..
 

MikeyM

Big Daddy
Theodorakis;2869641 said:
i think it's like an invisible wall, having a baby.. you never know when you're gonna hit it.. and I'm not talking about accidental pregnancies :) .. I'm 27 and I have my job, I earn my money, have my own flat, have my own car, have a girlfriend who I thought hates children.. so I thought I am miles away from being a dad.. but I am not.. two years at best, I think.. and it scares me to hell..

Age comes to us all my friend :innocent_smile_1:

Yeah it's pretty f*cking scary in terms of growing up though! Still, it's the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me - and it's not even close to being born yet!!
 

Pogba4Now

Team Captain
Think about the positive side as well... Having kids can be wonderful. Seeing a sort of a mini version of yourself and your wife growing up. But yeah you gotta be ready for it first... I'd say late 20s or early 30s would be ideal.
 

MikeyM

Big Daddy
Nady;2869715 said:
Think about the positive side as well... Having kids can be wonderful. Seeing a sort of a mini version of yourself and your wife growing up. But yeah you gotta be ready for it first... I'd say late 20s or early 30s would be ideal.

Yeah, as I said it's the most amazing feeling knowing all that is to come - all those awesome moments to look forward to.

To be honest, I wasn't really thinking of having kids when I was about 26 and newly married, it took several things to make me realise how much I really did (do) want to be a dad. Liz had a pregnancy "scare" a couple of years ago (unfortunately the test ended up negative) and I really found myself quite upset. Then my best mate made me Godfather to his son (and named him after me - how cool is that? ) Not only did holding him cement how much I wanted one of my own, being a Godfather helped me rediscover my faith too.

And then, about three weeks before the magic moment, I found out my sister in Law is expecting. I was chuffed about being an Uncle .. Then BOOM three weeks later, I'm going to be a daddy!

I guess what I'm trying to say is you can never truly know what will unfold - and how it will change you.
 

ShiftyPowers

Make America Great Again
Theodorakis;2869641 said:
i think it's like an invisible wall, having a baby.. you never know when you're gonna hit it.. and I'm not talking about accidental pregnancies :) .. I'm 27 and I have my job, I earn my money, have my own flat, have my own car, have a girlfriend who I thought hates children.. so I thought I am miles away from being a dad.. but I am not.. two years at best, I think.. and it scares me to hell..

Yeah for sure. I've been doing this immature student thing for so long, but in a few months I'll be a 26 year old lawyer. All I really want to do is drink a lot and screw around, but if I had to legitimately guess when I'll knock a girl up (accidental or otherwise), I'd probably say 2.5 years. God that's scary. It's even scarier that it could potentially happen tomorrow, or maybe it already has happened.

All I can really pray for is that if it does happen it's the cute girl I'm trying to get involved with and not an uggo ****faced 3am booty call.
 


Top