Copa América Centenario 2016

Sir Didier Drogba

Head Official
Arnau;3940392 said:
Zidane has a very poor club career

You guys are just awful. Don't you see how spiteful it is to totally refuse to acknowledge a great player just because for a time he played for your rival club? Don't you see how it completely undermines and devalues all the other opinions you express when you are so utterly incapable of objectivity? It's so painful to agree with you on anything because of your behaviour that you put me off complimenting or enjoying otherwise good Barcelona players.
 

Dytza

Banned - Playing with Fire
Who doesn't aknowledge Zidane as a great player?

He was fantastic, one of the best during his career, the best in some points of it, but nowhere near Messi or Ronaldo. The fact that he said he has a poor club career doesn't undermine the fact that he was a great player. Gerrard was a great player (not comparing him to Zidane) but he had a very poor career, both at club and NT.

You can compare Zidane with Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Xavi, maybe Iniesta (whoi I'd put a level ahead though) and others. But not with Messi.
 

Sir Didier Drogba

Head Official
Saying that is a bit different from being deliberately disingenuous as Arnau was, and is time and time again against all and any players that happened to wear Madrid white.

And Zidane won a La Liga, two Seria As, a Champions League and a World Cup and European cup, plus all the little ones, basically every single thing there is to win in the career of a player who played in Italy, Spain and for the NT. Granted he didn't win them multiple times, but that was before the era of one team generally winning year after year after year. He's not Messi, but any player of his era would be proud of that medal haul, and he has a complete club and international set - which Messi can't say yet.
 

Dytza

Banned - Playing with Fire
Again, are we comparing players based on their "medal haul" or actual value? Because I've given you an example of a player with a pretty good trophy collection. Arbeloa won 2 Champions Leagues, La Liga, Copa del Rey, Supercopa, 2 Euros and 1 WC, basically everything a spanish player can achieve.

Messi will probably finish his career without a WC medal. Do you think that will make people say he wasn't the best ever 10 years from now? Apart from the internet haters (nady for example), I doubt it. Most big names in world football already consider him so, and he still has a lot to say in next years.
 

Sir Didier Drogba

Head Official
Dytza;3940430 said:
Again, are we comparing players based on their "medal haul" or actual value? Because I've given you an example of a player with a pretty good trophy collection. Arbeloa won 2 Champions Leagues, La Liga, Copa del Rey, Supercopa, 2 Euros and 1 WC, basically everything a spanish player can achieve.

Messi will probably finish his career without a WC medal. Do you think that will make people say he wasn't the best ever 10 years from now? Apart from the internet haters (nady for example), I doubt it. Most big names in world football already consider him so, and he still has a lot to say in next years.

I am not participating in the Messi vs Zidane debate, I think it's silly, I was merely responding to the inaccurate and highly mean-spirited and disingenuous belittling of Zidane's great career.
 

Arnau

NGR LVR
Sir Didier Drogba;3940420 said:
You guys are just awful. Don't you see how spiteful it is to totally refuse to acknowledge a great player just because for a time he played for your rival club? Don't you see how it completely undermines and devalues all the other opinions you express when you are so utterly incapable of objectivity? It's so painful to agree with you on anything because of your behaviour that you put me off complimenting or enjoying otherwise good Barcelona players.

Zidane won very few titles at club level
 

kp41

Fan Favourite
Arnau, you better shut up and buy that Real shirt with my name on its back ;-) and pay that amount to Mandieta6 ...
 

Arnau

NGR LVR
Sir Didier Drogba;3940457 said:
I am not participating in the Messi vs Zidane debate, I think it's silly, I was merely responding to the inaccurate and highly mean-spirited and disingenuous belittling of Zidane's great career.

Nigerianmiracle said Messi has more CL than Zidane has leagues and i answered thats because Zidane club career (in terms of titles) is poor, which is a fact, didnt questioned his quality. You invented the rest of the story.

Romario and Ronaldo won very few at club level too but they both are arguably the best #9 ever.
 

Sir Didier Drogba

Head Official
In what world is three league titles and a CL, at a time when Serie A and La Liga were much more competitive than they are now, a 'very poor club career'?
 

Arnau

NGR LVR
At the time Juventus (late 90s) and Real Madrid (early 2000s) were the best teams in Europe you mean.
 

fender

Fan Favourite
Colombia are once again at nice odds at the bookmakers to beat the USA, won when Colombia won in the group stage. Thinking of having a bigger bite of the cherry this time around.
 

Xaviesta

Starting XI
Banega is the 8th man to get injured & trained seperately. Excluding back up GKs, Argentina now literally have 13 fit players in squad. Pastore joined the team before the final (H)
 


Top