World Cup Group G: France vs South Korea [P+R]

Fernandez

Team Captain
Way to go Park (H)

Henry should be dropped. He's a useless twat for France. Saha and Trezeguet should start the next game which I hope France don't win. They've been mediocre so far.
 

Num Lock

Reserve Team
it wasnt that the team was trying to hold on, it was like oh gee we dont know what to do cuz the coach makes us play too low on the pitch even though we play with 2 defensive midfielders (actually 1 vieira is a hole) we cant take the ball away from them.

sad, the ghosts of 2002 are upon us
 

ShiftyPowers

Make America Great Again
Hyun said:
PS. It means a lot for you to say such nice things about Korea Shifty. (H) Here's to AMERICAN IMPERIALISM!

The Korean people (well, the Southerners, I don't know any Northerners) are some of the smartest and nicest people in the world. Korea deserves every good thing that comes to them and while I don't consider Korea one of the teams that I'll always cheer for unless they play another team I always cheer for, they are probably my favorite team to watch. They play the game how it is meant to be played, if the old world doesn't adapt to the new style (spearheaded by Korea) the traditional powers will fail at a much higher rate in the next 20 years. And every time they'll ask "how come Korea and Ghana" made it to the Semi Finals AGAIN, but they'll have to adapt and change. Korea is the best thing for the game of soccer right now.

Henry should be dropped. He's a useless twat for France. Saha and Trezeguet should start the next game which I hope France don't win. They've been mediocre so far.

Henry did score today. I don't know how you could honestly think of benching Thierry Henry. He's in supreme condition and he's one of the most talented players in the world. Even if he's in bad form (which I don't think he is right now actually), he can pull a goal from no where.
 

Jedi Mind Trick

Starting XI
ShiftyPowers said:
The Korean people (well, the Southerners, I don't know any Northerners) are some of the smartest and nicest people in the world. Korea deserves every good thing that comes to them and while I don't consider Korea one of the teams that I'll always cheer for unless they play another team I always cheer for, they are probably my favorite team to watch. They play the game how it is meant to be played, if the old world doesn't adapt to the new style (spearheaded by Korea) the traditional powers will fail at a much higher rate in the next 20 years. And every time they'll ask "how come Korea and Ghana" made it to the Semi Finals AGAIN, but they'll have to adapt and change. Korea is the best thing for the game of soccer right now.

cheers :rockman:
 

Luis Ah-Hoy

Senior Squad
I don't think Korea totally deserved the draw... actually it was a bit harsh for the french, they had the game in their pockets for like 75 minutes, creating 1-2 very dangerous chances in between, that could seal the game for them (dunno who did Henry missed that second chance... well, it happens to the best)... but then they become a bit relaxed, and the Koreans using their stamina and pace, made that quick counter-attack, and with a little help from Barthez, they grab the equalizer... the fair result for me was 2-0 France... but i have to give credits to the Koreans... they playd with a lot of spirit, and their stamina and speed is just awesome...

Oh and... Domenech gave them a little help also... :rolleyes:
 

RUSI

El Merengue Argentino
Domenech is awful.

Why doesn't he give Trezeguet a start?, especially when Zidane is in. I do not understand.

Also, what is up with Henry's finishing, sure he made one, but he missed like three sitters...

Lastly, the Koreans are amazing in comeing back, very impressive
 

Juventino

Manager
Staff member
Moderator
:Bow: Korea

I just heard an amazing story on TV. The Korean fans made a gigantic mess in the stadium and on squares outside the stadium after the match yesterday... the next morning it was all gone and cleaner then ever. Who cleaned it up? They did it themselves! (H) Awesome stuff
 

Jedi Mind Trick

Starting XI
Juventino said:
:Bow: Korea

I just heard an amazing story on TV. The Korean fans made a gigantic mess in the stadium and on squares outside the stadium after the match yesterday... the next morning it was all gone and cleaner then ever. Who cleaned it up? They did it themselves! (H) Awesome stuff

yup...and it was like that during the last world cup too. after matches, fans would clean up their trash in stadiums and at rally points in the cities, where fans got together to watch the games on big screens.
 

Luis Ah-Hoy

Senior Squad
Juventino said:
:Bow: Korea

I just heard an amazing story on TV. The Korean fans made a gigantic mess in the stadium and on squares outside the stadium after the match yesterday... the next morning it was all gone and cleaner then ever. Who cleaned it up? They did it themselves! (H) Awesome stuff

That's really praiseworthy!!! :jap:
 

Daz

Everyone's Favourite Diabetic
Juventino said:
:Bow: Korea

I just heard an amazing story on TV. The Korean fans made a gigantic mess in the stadium and on squares outside the stadium after the match yesterday... the next morning it was all gone and cleaner then ever. Who cleaned it up? They did it themselves! (H) Awesome stuff
That's class. (H)
 

rpvankasteren

Fan Favourite
Nice MoM pic from FIFA:

 

ShiftyPowers

Make America Great Again
Jedi Mind Trick said:
yup...and it was like that during the last world cup too. after matches, fans would clean up their trash in stadiums and at rally points in the cities, where fans got together to watch the games on big screens.

That's amazing. Lord knows I wouldn't pick up my trash.
 

barthez4

Senior Squad
ShiftyPowers said:
The Korean people (well, the Southerners, I don't know any Northerners) are some of the smartest and nicest people in the world. Korea deserves every good thing that comes to them and while I don't consider Korea one of the teams that I'll always cheer for unless they play another team I always cheer for, they are probably my favorite team to watch. They play the game how it is meant to be played, if the old world doesn't adapt to the new style (spearheaded by Korea) the traditional powers will fail at a much higher rate in the next 20 years. And every time they'll ask "how come Korea and Ghana" made it to the Semi Finals AGAIN, but they'll have to adapt and change. Korea is the best thing for the game of soccer right now.
As a Korean, that is an enormous compliment. Cheers ShiftyPowers, and thanks. :rockman:
 

m3th0d

Starting XI
I was at STAPLES last year but it was all old ppl... that was during the Turkey game where we got punked so the atmosphere wasn't that great either. I heard it was a lot better this year. The only gripe I have about this World Cup is the time... I hate drinking in the morning. :(

And cheers ShiftyPowers for that comment. :jap:
 

sl benfica

Reserve Team
m3th0d said:
I was at STAPLES last year but it was all old ppl... that was during the Turkey game where we got punked so the atmosphere wasn't that great either. I heard it was a lot better this year. The only gripe I have about this World Cup is the time... I hate drinking in the morning. :(

And cheers ShiftyPowers for that comment. :jap:

You gotta try beer and cheerios in the morning, it's a college sudents favorite.
 

Seggie8

Reserve Team
Domenech deserves to be hung. He is done after this WC regardless of France's result. Zidane was pissed off with him to begin with since he didn't like the selections Domenech made. Also, Zidane wanted a totally different formation (4-4-2) that would've worked against Korea in this match, but Domenech opposed this. The decisions by Domenech are outstanding. Bringing in Trez with 3 mins of stoppage time was pure class. Next up, it's the match against Togo. Vive le France! Forever.
 


Top